adjustable fuel pressure reg

popsy b4

Sunday Drivers
Was talking to ecc about mapping he said for me to fit a adj fpr before mapping

i didnt think it was essential with the walbro fitted and the ecu

what do ye think? dont want to buy if i dont need it and dont want to drive alk the way up from cork and find out i do ha

[quote author=popsy b4 link=topic=34304.msg393568#msg393568 date=1336403140]
Was talking to ecc about mapping he said for me to fit a adj fpr before mapping

i didnt think it was essential with the walbro fitted and the ecu

what do ye think? dont want to buy if i dont need it and dont want to drive alk the way up from cork and find out i do ha
[/quote]

Imo you dont need it, Factory fuel reg is fine, if you get a new pump that should be enough. I dont have one on my car

Would i he stupid to go against the person who is tuning the car though

the car is boosting 18psi
syms downpipes
will have new centre section
nur spec axle back
walbro fuel pump
exedy clutch
hks fcon ecu

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34304.msg393588#msg393588 date=1336414056]
Absolutely no need with those mods..
[/quote]

cool should be mapped real soon so

What do u think.about boost could i sneak a bit more out of it?

Im not into Legacys, so havent ever done any research on them but arent they ment to be super sensitive of Fueling due to the High Comp Ratio and a ba*tard to map???? Maybe ECC are being on the Cautious side and maybe for a reason??

Waste of money in my opinion but if it a condition that it only gets mapped with one I would go somewhere else

Problem is you are not going to be at much showing up to be mapped without one if you have been told to get one..
I would do more looking into it, the legacies are not liked by mappers, maybe there is something in what you are being told
I could say there is no need for it, but im not sure as im only used to Imprezas, but you have a Legacy and they are a different thing all together.
Regulator might not be a bad idea for safety

Thats the past Ken, when no-one had mapped them before. Now Bob Rawle, JGM, Couture, Joe Power and now obviously ECC can all map them no problem. Joe and ECC being the only ones to map HKS though.

[quote author=popsy b4 link=topic=34304.msg393609#msg393609 date=1336422473]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34304.msg393588#msg393588 date=1336414056]
Absolutely no need with those mods..
[/quote]

cool should be mapped real soon so

What do u think.about boost could i sneak a bit more out of it?
[/quote]

Unless there is something wrong, you should get peak boost of 1.4-1.5bar, trailing off to 1.3bar. I've never known anyone to need or recommend an FPR for a B4 thats not going to run more than 3-310ish bhp anyway. A walbro can supply more than enough fuel for the engine at those levels.

I ran my old B4 for nearly 3 years at 1.5bar peak and I liked to use it. Never had any need and was never recommended an fpr. The only thing i was going to do was fit a 3 port and map for it to try and maintain a bit more boost.

I tried to ring joe a few times now with no answer, ecc are not even sure can they map it i think its one of the first versions to come out they are waiting on a reply from hks europe, ecc also said they didnt map one in years which might not be a good thing also but my options are very limited,

im half thinking to take it out it comes with a harness so its a simple fix and sell the hks, whats my standard ecu capable of? remmaping,/re flashing ?? Would open a lot more options to me
its a 00 model

Your standard ECU is mappable by all the above named mappers, ecutek flash is what i ran on mine, years, no probs.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=34304.msg393725#msg393725 date=1336512722]
If you have to buy an ecutek licence its gonna be a costly map
[/quote]

Im sure i read that u dont need to get a liscense if u get it flashed? ecc confirmed they can map my e u anyway and to book in when ready

not for this ecu flash but is seems to be a cheepy way of doin it and how reliable or accurate will it be...the shortest way home is not always the quickest!!

Just to buck the trend, I'd say you should fit an FPR if you're going to the trouble of having it mapped. In the base tune you've got it at now, not needed, but you're going to want to go further at one stage - even if it's just trying to get the same turbo to hold boost a bit higher up the rev range. I've found the stock regulator (on Impreza's) to be a bit flaky at higher revs - I fixed intermittent knock at 5.5-6.5k on my car by fitting an FPR back when I swapped from a VF23 to a TD05 - it was holding more boost, highlighting the problem. The other advantage would be to raise the fuel pressure at the same time, again giving more headroom for any future mods (especially if the mapper then maps those unused zones safely too). So, if you are never going to mod again, no worries...but you know you will :)

Richard

Back