OIL!!!! Oh no not another thread on oil!!!!

GregWRX

Sunday Drivers
Yep its that time again where i go away and check to see what oil is most commonly used in a scooby.

In my opinion this greatly depends on the type of impreza and the way you drive it, oh and probably the time of year.

I live 3 miles from work, therefore i won't need the thickest mother of all oils as used in highly modded cars, also mine is a bog standard 01 wrx (irish).

sooooo....with all the conflicing threads, documentation and know all motor factors which oil should i use???

Mobil 1 10W 40 or Castrol 10W 60

Welcome back Greg ;)

Mobil seems to be the one most recommended in the past by members here. I don't think anyone even considered Castrol before (even though I throw Magnatec in my own WRX)...

Hey Greg  :thumbsup:
How's tricks ,

Motul 10w40....... or Mobile 10w40,
should of said if your car has mods or your heavy on the right foot 15w50

Niall.

I get Roger Clark Motorsport to send me over Silkolene Pro S 10W 50

I AM A GREAT BELEIVER IN MAGNETEC, 10W 40, WHEN GETTING MAPPED BY ANDY F B4 I ASKED HIM AND HE SAID THAT ITS PERFECT, AND THAT WAS IN A 00 STI, I ALSO ASKED LIAM, THE HEAD MECHANIC IN EDDIE GARRYS AND HE ALSO IS OVER THE RALLY CARS AND HE SAID THE SAME, I BELEIVE IF YOU GO IN AND BUY A BRAND NEW SCOOBY THATS WHAT SUBARU RECOMEND 10W 40 SEMI

[quote author=http90 link=topic=3948.msg41067#msg41067 date=1192151183]
Magnatec 10/w40
[/quote]

As far as I know thats what Subaru are recommending...........at the moment ;)

Thanks lads, just what i thought and exactly what i bought!!! :thumbsup:

Must keep this printed out for next springs oil change.

Suabru do say to use Semi 10-40 but I wouldent use it myself although it does the job just fine. Suabru UK seem to use 5 - 40 semi. For modified Subaru's running higher boost bigger power and higher temps fully syn is the only way to go IMO. Motul Millers CFS or one of the Silkolene Pros are very good ester oils. Some say fully syn but arent really.

Damo

Back