Rolled arches

moro_46

Sunday Drivers
I have been lookin at this during the week and seems handy enough but is it reall! Has anybody attempted this and where can I get it done etc. I'm planning in gettin coilovers this week so I think it is needed first!

depending on your wheels matey you may not need o roll them at all, i have coilovers and at one point i had the car very low, (so low i ripped off my back box) and running my old prodrives P1s (17x215 and ET52 offset) i didn't need any rolling anywhere

my car is a little bit higher now, but still low, and now running Superleggeras with ET48 and no rubbing

INFACT now i remember i had a set of 18" Rotas for a while and test fitted one on the car, had 18/40/235's on and the fronts didn't even rub then, even on full lock, rears did JUST

id get the coilies first and see if you even need to roll your arches, no point in wasting money on something you don't need to do? unless your going to go the DIY home job with a baseball bat and a hairdryer :icon_eyes:

its the offset of wheel that will determine wheter you need to roll the arches or not

A mate has an arch roller I'm sure he would do it for you or you can rent it off him and do it yourself, I can give you his number if you like

if you do go about it thats the best bet ^^^^^^^^^

one of those, a heat gun to get the paint hot and take your time,,, if you rush it or don't get the paint hot enough it'll crack and you'll look like this :angry1: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Recently got mine done! Need to go back and get the front passenger arch redone, as the extra stretch we put on it has shrank a little and is scrubbing slightly!

Take your time and theres no hassle

Only seen the replys today lads...im on 18 inch wheels and its rubbin everytime i have more dan one person in the bak! head recking..so im thinkin coilovers now..den get the arches rolled? does it not mess up the bodywork?

[quote author=B4orAfter link=topic=34193.msg393209#msg393209 date=1336069069]
Only seen the replys today lads...im on 18 inch wheels and its rubbin everytime i have more dan one person in the bak! head recking..so im thinkin coilovers now..den get the arches rolled? does it not mess up the bodywork?
[/quote]

If its done right it wont even be noticeable man. I would try roll the arches first rather that shell out on coil overs because after seeing your car, it will still rub due to the combination camber on the rear and the wheels, that why its catching the lip in the arch

When your rolling the arches you can decide how much you want to do! ie. just roll the lip or put extra stretch onto the whole pannel

My rear 1/4 pannels are pushed out about 1/2 an inch on each side!!!
But i could have just taken the offending lip out of the way if thats what i had wanted

I wont mind it been out a small bit once it dosen look ridicolous!! Bazgf8s arches look grand and der a DIY job..i have plenty of time this weekend i might go at it..coilovers are a big expense but they will also make the car look good and maybe solve my rubbin issue and trackin issue all in one go! :icon_biggrin:

[quote author=B4orAfter link=topic=34193.msg393215#msg393215 date=1336070108]
I wont mind it been out a small bit once it dosen look ridicolous!! Bazgf8s arches look grand and der a DIY job..i have plenty of time this weekend i might go at it..coilovers are a big expense but they will also make the car look good and maybe solve my rubbin issue and trackin issue all in one go! :icon_biggrin:
[/quote]

Will I pm you my mates number so you can organise the arch roller?

Back