Drive shafts??

scooby king

Sunday Drivers
hi lads, im in the middle of a track built.(4 years now) and im wondering does anyone have a good idea of what bhp can a standard v8 sti drive shaft can hold before they will fail? i have seen group n drives for sale on various websites but they are very expensive. keep in mind im planning to run around the 500 bhp mark and want to make sure about everything before i get it out around mondello. cheers

Depends, are you planning on dragging the car? Standing starts is what kills them so they will break if you intend dragging the car consistantly.

but the standards be fine at 500bhp if you're not dragging it.

There's a few lads on here running or building big power so they'll confirm.

i was breaking rear shafts with 450bhp when launching but as robbie says should be fine for track there are bar upgrade option if on a budget the rear bars can be up graded for 400 approx +shipping r you can upgrade the rear with a level 5 kit like i did which will handle 800+ but will set you back 1500gbp +vat+shipping ect

which bars do you mean, the bottom arms? and do you know where i can find them? im not planning on launching the car or drag racing, time attack is what im into..

Back