Big thanks to Tommy555

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Have to say a big thanks to Tommy for dropping in a replacement window handle FOC that had broken off.

What are the odds too that his company fitted the windows originally and he had the exact one on him!

Much appreciated fella!! Much karma. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34147.msg391804#msg391804 date=1335293576]
Fair play tomtom :clap: , you're not as bad as they say :icon_lol:
[/quote]

Nah i'm worse ,

No probs Jamie ,

if anyone ever comes stuck for anything window or door related i'm only 2 happy to help .

actually, Tommy, I have a problem with French Doors. They were leaking badly and I had a guy over to fix it. They still leak a small bit but not as bad as before.

I've a few pictures here: http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/adrianfa/French Doors/

As you can see, I've tried everything including good ole silage tape to keep the water out!!
I don't know what to do with them.........any ideas?
Should there be a rubber seal at the bottom sill??

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=34147.msg391872#msg391872 date=1335352689]
Good man tommy
Any hinges knocking around mine ate fooked :)
[/quote]

yup any amount of them , gimme a bell and i'll sort ya out

[quote author=adrianfa link=topic=34147.msg391850#msg391850 date=1335309377]
actually, Tommy, I have a problem with French Doors. They were leaking badly and I had a guy over to fix it. They still leak a small bit but not as bad as before.

I've a few pictures here: http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/adrianfa/French Doors/

As you can see, I've tried everything including good ole silage tape to keep the water out!!
I don't know what to do with them.........any ideas?
Should there be a rubber seal at the bottom sill??
[/quote]

looks like the doors are getting fook all cover on the rubber Adrian , I think the doors are to short , and ive a funny feeling if you adjust them to get better cover on the bottom the wind will piss in along the top of them , can you take a picture looking along the threshold with one door closed ? i may be able to get a heavier seal for ya but its not a perfect fix

I think you're right, Tommy, the doors look a bit short now that I've had another look at them. I added a few more pictures to photobucket of them.

A good few locally got stung in the same way and had to replace the doors, some opting for a glass panel with one door instead of two french doors. I think I'll just leave mine and build a small porch outside them if it comes to that.
A bit of a disaster though....the guy who put them in has since gone out of business so no point going there.
Would a better rubber seal around the edge do any better??

Good man Tom Tom - Called into my parents the other evening & gave them some good advice on sorting out the cold air problems they have with their current front door :clap:

No probs Brian , i think i owe you quite a few favours at this stage so only to happy to help out .

Adrian , i should be over Galway direction in the not to distant future could pop out and see can anything be done

Thanks Tommy, that would be great :thumbsup:
No worries if you're don't make it but you can drop me a line on adrianfarragher at hotmail . com if you're about the area.

Thanks a million. :)

Back