sqeeking pads

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
Ok I changed my brake discs two weeks ago for standard ones as I was gettin a lot of screechin noiseswas ok till today and now back again,must be pads but there still half left on them,why are they sqeealin and is there a quick fix or just replace them

I think its the pad itself,new discs are worn in apart from a half inch ring in the middle of the disc,same on both sides,done it to my previous grooved discs aswell,think the pad isnt biting on the centre of the disc!has to be pads,shuda changed them anyway.the noise comes and goes...I only got the pads at christmas,after bout a week i noticed a black kinda friction ring in the centre of my disc like something was stopping it from goin the whole way,maby just dodgy pads.

Take the pads out of the caliper and rub the face down with emry paper to take any glazing off them. Then put fresh copper grease on them and put them back in the caliper. Thats what I'd try first anyway :thumbsup:

as has being said above . but there must be something very wrong with the pads to be leaving a grove in the middle of your disc's on both sets. what kinda pads did you put in :ponder2:

As said above, copper grease and anti squeal shims would help. Sounds suspicious about the same pattern on both discs. Are pads wearing evenly and do caliper pistons move freely?

only greased them two weeks ago when i changed the discs,pistons are fine,the pads just dont seem to be wearing in the centre of the disc.all my previous pads were fine,all same apex make,cheap i know but always done the job!ill try the emery paper sweet cakes,where would i come across some?

Back