Brake discs size for 97 classic?

miked

Sunday Drivers
Lads, id say my classic is calling to a set of discs and pads, rang my local factors (trade account through the garage) and he said his system is showing 3 different sizes (260mm, 277mm and 295mm) what is the standard disc size(wrx sti type r) and can I get away with putting the 295mm discs on?

were 295 not only for 4 pot calipers which were only fitted on '98 version 4 onwards?

is yours a version 3 or 4 mate?

Hi lads, mines December 97 version 4, will the standard 16" wheels clear the 295 discs?

295mm if 4 pot calipers
277mm if 2 pot calipers

I got a set of red stuff pads there im goina fit!
Mate of mine picked them up for me @130+vat

Three codes showing up are 698, 1070 and 1097, could some one please pint me in the right direction, car is a 97 impreza wrx sti type r, thanks

them codes mean nothing to me lad . are your brake calipers like the ones in my avatar and say subaru on them

If there the same these are the ones on the phone so photos might not work. Also change motor factors there cant be 3 different sets of pads sizes for a 97 wrx sti :thumbsup:

Hi scoobysub, yes the calipers say Subaru on them, his a more mature gentleman who isn't too up on subarus I'd say and that's probably what's showing for all classics, I'll try him with your code, is it APEC you are running? What do you think of them?

there only a really cheap set of pads bought as a back up . he gave you 3 discs sizes aswell and the ones you needed were the last ones 295 so id say its the 1097 are the ones that fit .if all else fails :pray: :icon_grin:

Back