Radio - permanent live wire, HELP!

lloyd_flat4

Middle Lane Hogs
guys,

this is long shot i know :cuckoo:

in my 03 blobeye does anyone have any idea or help of where or which wire the permanent live is for the radio.
everytime i switch off my ignition it loses the radio presets due to a failure in permanent live supply, coz it works perfect when using the running live supply from the ignition switch.

just wrecking my head having to tune in the radio every time i switch on :hammerhead:
like i said, im not expecting a solutions to this as it a strange on to say the least :wall:

There are 2 live wires in the loom. sounds like you just need to swap them around
Its not an issue ive ever had in a scooby but any of my old motors that had that problem, Thats all i needed to do!

Is it an aftermarket radio? Would be very unusual if standard head unit.

Usually power leads are red & yellow but best bet is to pull out the head unit & have a look, they may just be labelled. If they are labelled then just switch the lead that says +12v with the lead that says ign or ignition live.

If you're having difficulties then stick up a picture here & we'll see if we can help you further :thumbsup:

Just after switching the 2 wires over and hey-presto, no more close calls on the road trying tune in my radio everytime :653:

top job lads, thanks again :thumbsup:

:subaru:

Quick question to do with radio power - is there a wire that stays power on on as ignition is started? Or does the radio always have to lose power as the engine is starting? You know what i mean - you turn key two clicks before entering alarm code and while doing this the radio is starting up/initialising and then when you turn key further to start engine the radio is gone and has to restart initialising after engine starts... it is annoying because mine has to redo the bluetooth connection to the iphone...

I think all radios loose power between ignition on and engine started!
I think its to do with the draw of power from the starter motor being the more important function

Im not sure if there is any easy fix to that

Simple solution would be to wire the ignition live to the permanent live too, means you would have power the whole time. Does mean you'd have to manually turn off the radio every time you get out of the car though. Not sure if theres any other solution to be honest :dontknow:

Thanks for replies - i was thinking there was no way around it - don't like the idea of permanent power in case it's left on by mistake and kills battery.

Back