remap

Animal spec-c

Petrolheads
remap

lads have my name down 4 a power run  on d 20th with d club.i wont have time 2 get it remapped wud it b safe 2 run it with octane  or shud i hold off 2 b safe????? :ponder:

Re: remap

If by power run you mean the rolling road day then I wouldn't put non remapped jap import on the rollers unless you've got a load of Lucas in the tank and even then I still wouldn't recommend it as it will hit some serious rpms on the rollers and just det all over the place.

Frawls

Yea I'd leave it and get it mapped first to be safe maybe some of the lads will advise you better but thats my opinion for what its worth

Dont know how u can drive it without it bein mapped. When I first got my uk sti the wife put in 95ron and it was undriveable, coughing, spluttering and pinkin all over the place..

Get a remap and reep the benefits!!!

Hi,

Would any of ye guys have time to offer a quick technical explanation of remapping and its implications for fuel type used? I am contemplating importing an '04 legacy b4 GT Spec B from japan however i am having increasing concerns about the cars day to day drivability here in ireland. I don't believe i would have the commitment or bank account to run the car on super unleaded all the time.

My research so far also suggests that remapping a legacy is not an option,can ye guys confirm this? Finally, is it the case that all WRX cars imported from japan have been remapped to make them compatible with 95octane,if the legacy does not make sense then i would seriously consider a classic wagon.

Thanks & Regards,
Ciaran

@ Ciaran...an 04 gtb will have the newer better ecu it should be able for a remap..in fact it would probably be better than most imprezas...the later twin turbo leggies have no VOD for example..just learnt this recently..i wouldn't rule it out completely..as for running on super unleaded we dont even have that here! best you'll get is 95..BUT maxol are bringing out a bio ethanol blended fuel called E5..be available in the next few weeks..this has an octane rating of 99.2 which makes it as good as super unleaded..supposedly..no one has mapped for it yet so the jury is still out

Best bet is send a PM to Davelegacy or Renno555 about this.

Or else start a new thread of your own about it. I only came past this now by accident.

(classic wagon would be a great choice though....!!! cough cough)

Guys,

Thanks for the feeback. To add some perspective to my desired choice of cars let me explain that I've driven the same irish impreza turbo since '99 so I feel like something different but still familiar.(If that makes any sense!)

Thanks once again,
Ciaran

im not driving it hasnt been cleared by customs yet i will run it with lucas till mapped and hold off d rollers 4 d min thanks lads

Hey al-hks,
The rolling road wouldn't harm your car in anyway but your run may be cut short (due to pre-det)
so it could be waste of money as you would'nt get a true (or as close as ;)) result..........

@cmx70: No WRX /STI will come re-mapped as standard from japan even if the seller said they got it mapped
i wouldn't trust them !!!!

Niall.

Back