Car Battery

gerry

Octane Boostaholics
Need to get a new battery for the car. Is a battery a battery or any recommendations

Well Gerry,

I got one for my car in from Aaron Ros Tire Centre about a year ago. Never had any probs with it and it came with 2 year waranty! Not sure on the brand tho.

halfords batteries have a 5 year warranty, i went for one of the heavy duty ones and has been fine for over 2 years

[quote author=gerry link=topic=34021.msg390399#msg390399 date=1334342486]
Need to get a new battery for the car. Is a battery a battery or any recommendations

[/quote]
exide is what i have in mine man very good battery or as robbie said varta also very good, the real life of a battery is hard to tell it depends on how its used if it ever ran flat it ruins the life of them but they should last 2-3 years

the battery I have in the car is the same one that came in it from new.. The better half went in to shop for 5 mins last night left radio on , came out car wouldn't start so won't be getting caught again

The excide going on micksgarage is €138 plus delievery.. bosch one is €95 including delievery

:dontknow: that not expensive.

Got one in motor factors (think its a Varta) and was around €80 if not cheaper. Only driven once or twice a week. Short spins and haven't had a problem. Holding voltage whether driving or sitting a few days.

:smokin:

I just bought a Bosch few weeks back, think 80 quid coverd it, Varta and Exide were more expensive.. You wont go wrong with any of the top brands tbh as most carry the same warranty and standards are very high

Back