Newage wheel width and offset - **HELP!!!

lloyd_flat4

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi,

this may be a stupid question but in reality what is the widest wheel i can run on my 03 blobeye,
bear in mind i am lowered about 60mm on coilovers.

these are the wheels i want to get
http://www.driftworks.com/shop/rota-grid-drift-17-wheels.html

17'', and the smallest offset i can get in relation to the wheel width in order for the spokes to be at the angle like in the picture and not straight.

anyone used these before?

if this has been asked a billion times over then let me know :icon_grin: i know :sucks: :multijump:

thanks for the help tho guys as last thing i want to do it order the wrong wheels :thumbsup:

good man, ive a bug sti sitting on cusco coilovers , not she aint the lowest , but ive had no rubbing issues (even at mountain spin monday gone)
i have 18 x 9.5 rota grid (low offset , not sure) and streched tyres (on wheels when bought)
also need 5mm spacers to clear front brembos
il let the pics do the talking

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

i willtry and answer any q's you may have

wheel nuts have since been replaced :icon_redface:

Excellent man thanks , car looks ace :thumbsup:

exactly the wheel/tyre im after.
pics are a great help :smile:

mind me asking are they 17 or 18''? they look 18'',
i think il be going for the 17'' as i have my coilovers quite low :hammerhead:

also is there any chance man you could find out what the offset is on those wheels please? :icon_surprised: purely for when i go to order them i want to make sure i get the right ones first time round, if its too much hastle or you cant dont worry about it pal.

btw nice and close to the calliper :wazzup:

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=33998.msg389975#msg389975 date=1334161451]
What colour you going for lloyd_flat4? Nice wheels.
[/quote]

hoping to get the flat black colour, same as mac mac has eli :thumbsup:

[quote author=lloyd_flat4 link=topic=33998.msg389977#msg389977 date=1334161759]

also is there any chance man you could find out what the offset is on those wheels please? :icon_surprised: purely for when i go to order them i want to make sure i get the right ones first time round, if its too much hastle or you cant dont worry about it pal.

[/quote]

[/quote]he said 18s at top of post :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=ker99 link=topic=33998.msg390000#msg390000 date=1334170770]
[quote author=lloyd_flat4 link=topic=33998.msg389977#msg389977 date=1334161759]

[/quote]

[/quote]he said 18s at top of post :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

my bad :thumbsup:, long day :zzzz:

just went got back to the shop i was ordering these from and apparently if i want a low offset like the ones above the price goes from 680 to 820 :shock2: without tyres too :icon_hang:

i am now looking at these which i can get from the same crowd WITH tyres in 18'' for 700 :smile:

http://jantdene.com/galeri/Subaru-Impreza-GD-ve-Silver-BBS-LM/Subaru-impreza-GD-Silver-BBS-LM-4.jpg

http://blog.bespokeventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bbs-lm-after.jpg

any views on these?? :ponder2:

Love bbs wheels, especially the ones on the S204 as standard, something along those lines would be class. I've just never been a fan of wheels with the 3 piece nuts on a subaru, its more of a vdub thing imo..

thanks for the views everyone, :thumbsup:

i would love the rota grids but by the time i get tyres it will be over a grand and i dont fancy that :wall:

so its looking like the bbs's at the moment,

that silver blob looks nice, exactly how i want the tyres on them :thumbsup:

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=33998.msg390017#msg390017 date=1334173932]
ohh Decisions on wheels are never easy . love the bbs style rims personally ,

:thumbsup:
[/quote]

i dont know how many time i have changed my mind so far, any one with wheels for sale , im in the market :thumbsup:
however i will prob be ordering the bbs soon , eventho i did always like the idea of black wheels, i like the black with blue, decision decisions :multijump:

ment to say I had 18x8 on my 2.0 sport with 225/40/18 tyres , rubbed like a bitch on the rear when cornering hard or had weight in the back , go 7.5 wide max if your going lower than a 50 mm drop , possibly get away with a 215 width tyre

thanks for that tommy555,

id say the back of mine is about the 50mm and the front 60mm, did you have any problems at the front? on full lock etc?

hoping to get away with getting 7.5j on mine alright :smile:

no issues with lock on the front , biggest problems i had was multistory carparks and keeping front splitters in one piece , went through 2 many splitters 2 mention over 4 years , and reversed out of many a multistory due to the front wanting to dig up comcrete floors ,

your wheel choice will make or break a car in many cases....

BBS Rims are great and have their place on ANY car dispite what many will say (imo)

Colour choice again is a big decision... I dont know how well a black set of bbs style rims will look... id possibly think of a lighter colour! Charcole etc

yeah i very cautious as i want to get it right first time round :smile:

oh yeah i agree, if i was to get bbs style is would be charcoal/gunmetal or silver.

if i went with a more Japanese style wheel then it would be a black colour for me.

cheers bud :thumbsup:

All you have to do is look at mac mac's car to see how well the black suits the blue colour. Gives a real dark aggressive look, one of the only bugs I actually like.

:653:

and check out the" black" shades on this wee" blue" dancin fella , like how cool does he look , like one of the blues brothers !

cheers robbie !

:subaru:

xxr 522. are pretty similar to rota grids they hsve a more concave look to them you can get
18 x9.5 for 600 from dave in japanese performance

lovely wheel, i would be happy with that in possibly a 9j, 9.5j i would be pushing my luck i reckon, have you a link for them by any chance? or contact details?

Back