Legacy B4 not running after messing with Fuel filter

braf89

Well I'm new to isdc and unfortunately this is a bad start. Im completely new to Subaru's and don't know a lot about them so Im just wondering could anyone know what could be wrong. The car was doing a bit of jumping between around 2000-2500 revs but then it'd go out of it. So after days reading everything I could find I saw something about the fuel filter. So I gave it a go this evening just so have a look and see what it was like.

Turned out it was OK looking so I tried putting it back together. But the o ring seemed to have gone too big to fit right. Eventually, after ages messing with it, I seemed to get it back normal. I put everything back and primed it a few times. Then tried to start. Wouldn't start. Eventually after a good while at it, it starts but only for about a minute and then dies out. If ya rev it it'l last longer but its not sounding right. Did anyone ever have or hear of a similar problem. If the o ring wasn't creating a tight enough seal would it cause a problem like this?

Any help would be great.. Thanks... :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

Ok hopefully thats all thats causing the problem. You dont have the filter and o ring kit to suit them? Its a 01 legacy.

@davelegacy I was going to buy that off ya but went into a motorstore in town and got a o ring to suit and its back normal again. Still at the sort of jumping the odd time between 2k-2.5k revs. Any idea what it could be. Tried maf took it out and cleaned it no difference it looks like it has been replaced before aswel.

[quote author=braf89 link=topic=33993.msg389961#msg389961 date=1334156311]
@davelegacy I was going to buy that off ya but went into a motorstore in town and got a o ring to suit and its back normal again. Still at the sort of jumping the odd time between 2k-2.5k revs. Any idea what it could be. Tried maf took it out and cleaned it no difference it looks like it has been replaced before aswel.
[/quote]

Any check engine light?

@Sweetcakes ya its only when accelerating. I have plugs for it so I'll try that later or tomorrow. Failing that will have to try coils.
@BazGF8 got your pm i dont have credit to give ya a text about them. Only problem is I'm in Mayo. But I'll get back to you if the plugs don't work. And no there's no engine light on or coming on. So that probably rules out lambda and knock sensor. I might be wrong there though just from reading up I got that impression.

Thanks lads I'll keep ye updated.

Some of ye might know it. My girlfriend bought it a few weeks ago in Dublin. I've a feeling it might have been a members car before it has the track of a circle sticker on the windscreen about the same size as the isdc ones.

a.jpg

Someone might recognise that sticker on the back.

d.jpg

I travel to Roscommon/Castlerea some weekends so I can meet you if you like , I'll bring tools and we can swap them out to see up to you

Baz

Back