AEC or Leyland Truck Parts

JohnM

Petrolheads
I know it's a long shot but it's woth a shot ;)AEC or Leyland Truck Parts wanted, anything considered,even complete trucks must be between 66 and 1980 (ergo cab models).Running or not. bit and bobs etc. cash waiting
Trying to restore one of these beauties as my auld man had one when I was a nipper. :D
Cheers
John
086 8052638

there is in the uk but parts get snapped up quick. missed three in Lietrim that were cut up and baled a month ago :cry:
Could have cannabilised for parts.
Cheers
John

god i remember them, i remember my auld lad wiring a tele into one of gerry's other yokes too, a maroon hino i think

@johnm, when the auld fella gets back i will get the no. of one of his cousins in manorhamilton, its a long shot but ya never know, he is into that sort of craic too

:thumbsup:

My Uncle had a AEC, i just about remember getting a spin in it, he bought a volvo F88 after that.
The AEC went to quarry near us and we actually ended up cutting the chassis and taking the back end and put a drawbar on it and used it as a dolly for a lowloader for moving the track machines. It's been sold on since.
Not sure if the cab end is still in the quarry, will make enquires though.

Mack

Cheers lads, My auld man had one of those Hino units also, had a hooge front bumper that was about half inck thick steel and abot 2 foot deep :shock:
@ Mack even if there's remains of the cab left I'd butcher it for parts ;)
Cheers
John

A mate of mine works in a truck parts place on the longmile road and a mate of mine has a truck scrap yard on the greenhills road ill ask them :thumbsup:

Harris are a hino agent and these trucks went out of production in 1979 :( so getting new panels and parts is not an option unfortunately.
Cheers
john

I know they dont still make the 28 year old truck no more, but maybe they could put u in the direction of where u could get the parts?

Back