Best (Free) Anti-virus

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
I know of Avast and AVG but which is better and are there any other options available?

I will also install malware bytes at the same time :thumbsup:

Avg or avast....
Used both on different machines for a long time....
Never had an issue

as the lads said
and I also run a few computers on microsoft security essentials and no issues
just use google chrome or mozilla for browsing
I stay away from internet explorer
more prone to attack

i run avast and malwarebytes avast can show false alerts for some torrents but mostly games
all in all i think there better than some of the expensive anti virus and dont slow your computer down that much :thumbsup:

I use microsoft security essentials and spybot search and destroy. 4 years on laptop with these, no problems.

had both nod32 and avast now combine with malwarebytes and they are all good

Hi Robbie. I'm working with comps couple years and for home users I instal Comodo. It's anti virus with firewall together.no complains at all.
Jiri :afro:

Good topic Robbie, we should all have the best up to date anti virus on our computers to combat the ISDC terrorist.

What's the safest way to surf, mobile, pc or mac

pc with linux. can recom bunch of them and few live distributions as well.have six :grin: pcs home and five runing with linux and one nokia n900 with linux as well.

linux be too much of a change for most users on here though. windows ---> mac ---> linux helps the transition! although many people get stuck on Mac!

sent from my macbook air!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=33952.msg389585#msg389585 date=1333919599]
linux be too much of a change for most users on here though. windows ---> mac ---> linux helps the transition! although many people get stuck on Mac!

sent from my macbook air!
[/quote]

You think MAC's are harder to use then a PC? not a chance ..with a blank slate a mac would be much easier to use...for us raised on windows it can be a harder transition...but lots of older people I've talked to just coming to computers all prefer macs.

As for anti virus I would just pay for Kaspersky..bunch of Russians they are always ahead of the curve..probably writing most of the viruses ..one of fee of 30 euro and you never have to worry again..

no no, but if your used to using windows, jumping from windows to linux can be a bit of a steep learning curve for some. give someone a mac and they would pick it up easier than windows. much more intuitive for a non techie person to get the hang of

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=33952.msg389715#msg389715 date=1333991698]
no no, but if your used to using windows, jumping from windows to linux can be a bit of a steep learning curve for some. give someone a mac and they would pick it up easier than windows. much more intuitive for a non techie person to get the hang of
[/quote]

Completely agree...I'm looking at a chrome book next..as soon as they bring one out with a decent video and sound card..so simple to use and so fast

One or two decent spec chromebooks coming out later this year. Not impressed with the first few attempts. I have a cr48 sitting there that doesn't get used. My phone is more powerful!

sorry lads.migrating from win to linux is more easy then you may think.if you wont install any s..t what you dont need its more easy then use win. after install linux on ur machine you wont install something else. you dont need anti virus, dont need office, media players, codecs, photo editors etc. everything is part of ur first installation.you even can install win or mac theme so nobody can see any different. And da best thing is, its absolutely free.
Doesn't matter how many comps you have.so its ideal for small companies! Amen!
Jiri :afro:

No one arguing wit u there. I use Linux on a daily basis. Dealing with a couple of thousand servers running it regularly. Ask how many people on here know what Linux is. I would say less than 20‰. There is various distributions of linux available that are more user friendly but something the user has to try themselves. Tty go into PC world and tell them u messed up ur laptop installing Ubuntu and see how helpful they are! Linux is getting therr just needs somemore exposurr

Back