ECU reset ?

bandriszal

Petrolheads
I just replaced MAF sensor and car started no problem . But "check engine" is on ( it wasn`t) and idle is rough, engine will nor rev above 3k. Does the ECU need a reset or it will readjust itself after some carefull driving? If reset needed how to do it on a V6 UK impreza?
thx!

try a reset, just undo the battery for an hour that does it

but that sounds like a dodgy MAF to me. :icon_cry:

stupid question, you did connect it back up didn't you??

First of all, thanks for link!
Tried reset but all I got is a fault code. 2332 for MAF.
The sensor I got looks exactly the same as the old one but the plastic pipe it sits in was different. Smaller diameter.
Could be a different model? N/A ? :dontknow:

Sure I did reconnect the wire :icon_grin:
Try to find out about B4 sensor but doubt it`s the same. However thanks for offer!!

[quote author=BAwagon link=topic=33923.msg388980#msg388980 date=1333480254]
Sure I did reconnect the wire :icon_grin:
Try to find out about B4 sensor but doubt it`s the same. However thanks for offer!!
[/quote]

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=33923.msg388982#msg388982 date=1333480349]
V5/6 is the same as the 99-01 B4 (rev a-c)
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up Robbie.
Kevin I am traveling to Roscommon at the weekend , I can come down the Athlone road and meet you to try it if that suits? my number is 0858280038

[quote author=BAwagon link=topic=33923.msg388987#msg388987 date=1333481158]
Thanks Barry!
Sent You a PM
[/quote]Im not a full member so cant use the pm function.Can you text me and I'll arrange something with you

We put original MAF back today and "Check engine" light went after few seconds. SO , to answer My own question , no ECU reset needed after MAF replaced :thumbsup:

[quote author=BAwagon link=topic=33923.msg389268#msg389268 date=1333668542]
We put original MAF back today and "Check engine" light went after few seconds. SO , to answer My own question , no ECU reset needed after MAF replaced :thumbsup:
[/quote]

So you sorted yeah?

No, I still need that MAF.
This old one doesn`t give a fault code but only because ECU is learning and adjusts itself. More than likely CO reading is high because of that. Fuel consumption is mental but car is running normal.

[quote author=BAwagon link=topic=33923.msg389316#msg389316 date=1333711798]
No, I still need that MAF.
This old one doesn`t give a fault code but only because ECU is learning and adjusts itself. More than likely CO reading is high because of that. Fuel consumption is mental but car is running normal.
[/quote] ok no hassle.Could be a lambda sensor aswell

Cheers Baz!
What a difference with 1 bar boost :icon_grin:
Was nice to meet You today and always good to see a very clean wagon ! :thumbsup:

Back