Braided Clutch Lines

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Are they worth fitting? I know under normal road conditions, the answer is no but I intend doing a lot of track time and I'm thinking it might be good to save the rubber hose from softening and causing issues on track.

I'll be getting braided brake lines anyway so its only an extra few quid if it'd be a good upgrade :smile:

Got a hel one recently Think it was 30euro all in delivered so a cheap upgrade

Might be an idea to take out the stupid anti judder valve out of the Cylinder aswell

[quote author=KENC link=topic=33831.msg388036#msg388036 date=1332885027]
Might be an idea to take out the stupid anti judder valve out of the Cylinder aswell
[/quote]

No idea what you're talking about, but I'll ask ciaran :smile:

There is a valve in the Newage Clutch slave cylinder, on the back of it you will see and big bolt head, maybe a 22mm or something, when you have your hose off open it off, and inside you will find a spring and a plastic valve, put them into your good hand and throw them as far as you can in an North East direction, scre back in you Bolt being carefull of the O ring.
The valve was put in to Newages to help reduce Judder... i havent noticed it make any difference, anyway the valve slows down the release of pressure, so can actually be a bit harder on clutchs when you are driving it in anger, Exedy tell you to remove it for there Plate clutches, maybe on track it would be no harm to get rid of it even on a standard clutch

Back