Brake upgrade

Shane d

I have a 00 Legacy B4 and want to upgrade the brakes!

Just wondering is there any parts from other subarus that are interchangeable?

Thanks

Subaru 4 pots from an impreza are a good upgrade for small expense. Braided lines are a good idea while your at it :thumbsup:

yes id be inclined to go with Brembos :) if your wheels will clear them, you could pick up a set for a couple of hundred extra than 4 pots, and they will be MILES better

i think 4pots are over priced really to be honest, brembos are WELL worth the money 450-500 and you'll get serious braking out of them

i have 4pots on my Leggy and TBH i don't rate them to great, along with braided lines and Ferodo pads

In fairness 4pots are only 150 or so and are miles better than standard but brembos are miles better again but will cost 500 min so depends what you have to spend dont forget discs and pads as well :thumbsup:

Go for the brembos if ya can lad I did and there class gives ya a confidence in your ability to stop from high speed ya won't get from the STD Subaru branded 4 pots

Mine cost around 8hundred all told new discs and pads front and rear and a conversion bracket kit from godspeed Uk for the rear calipers expensive but worth it

I'd budget for good pads too. I've brembos and they havent good pads and dont feel any better than subaru 4 pot. I've pads bought so expect a big difference once i get them fitted.

The lust goes on
Good pads yes will be a big help with any caliper but ya gonna need decent Tyres to transfer all that stopping power to the Tarmac

[quote author=nivek4209 link=topic=33784.msg387487#msg387487 date=1332541851]
Mine cost around 8hundred all told new discs and pads front and rear and a conversion bracket kit from godspeed Uk for the rear calipers expensive but worth it
[/quote]

What's all this about conversion brackets :dontknow:

I think i'm just going to go for standered 4 pots and braided lines because there the cheaper option!

If there not up for it i'll go for brembo's!

Thanks lads

You'd need conversion brackets to fit rear 2 pots to your legacy. Seeing as you are just going for the fronts, you've nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

Brackets are needed to convert the rears to something superior to the 1 pots!. Front 4 pots or Brembos will bolt straight on. Brembos will need different wheels to standard. How much were you planning on spending and what wheels do you have on the car?

photo-13.jpg

photo-14.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Put the Brembo's on my own Legacy. Best upgrade I've done. Go for Brembo's if your funds will allow it.

Back