Solar chargers

kanye west

Octane Boostaholics
Quick question. Car is going to garage soon to get decat back on and I've been thinking about getting the cigarette lighter socket live when the car is off so I can plug in one of these solar chargers as the lightweight battery doesnt hold charge for many days when there is an alarm running off it. Anyone have any experience with a solar charger ? :thumbsup:

Group buy worth a try if we have enough interest :thumbsup: The bigger one I was looking at looks a bit awkward but im more after function that size. I've got a lot of use out of my power pack in the last year (another must have) :subaru:

[quote author=Kanye from the West link=topic=33780.msg387350#msg387350 date=1332460823]
Just what I wanted to hear :thumbsup: Was thinking of this one
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/4-Watt-12-Vo...UK_Gadgets&hash=item3a690f5108#ht_1500wt_1037

The more Watt the better I presume ?
[/quote]

I bought something from Maplin which is similar to that one. I think it is 2w. Not near enough to do the job.
I just bought it to see what it was like.
I think you'd definitely need to go higher than 2w, not sure if 4w (as above) is enough either....

Chinese lad will give us £10 off if we buy 5 together. So 2 sterling off each one. Im gonna order mine tonight as I've pads and exhaust to get fitted so I want everything done the one day. Does that chinese one look decent ? Anyone know are them figures from the charger safe or whatever ? Im clueless !

I seen some in a brochure in work
I took pics of them on my phone
Think it might be a better idea to get them from the supplier I seen as
The have a warranty
so if they break can be returned in ireland :dontknow:
IMAG3362.jpg

IMAG3361.jpg

IMAG3364.jpg

these lads supply the motor trade so must be o.k. quality :thumbsup:

I think I might go with the chinese one as AdrianFa doesnt think the 4W will be enough and my car will be in the shade all day as the front of the house is North facing and wont get the sun. You go with that one and we can compare them after a month or so :thumbsup:

Cool
Won't getting mine for a few weeks
Keep us postedon how it goes :thumbsup:[quote author=Kanye from the West link=topic=33780.msg387923#msg387923 date=1332807776]
I think I might go with the chinese one as AdrianFa doesnt think the 4W will be enough and my car will be in the shade all day as the front of the house is North facing and wont get the sun. You go with that one and we can compare them after a month or so :thumbsup:
[/quote]

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=33780.msg387925#msg387925 date=1332829233]
Cool
Won't getting mine for a few weeks
Keep us postedon how it goes :thumbsup:[quote author=Kanye from the West link=topic=33780.msg387923#msg387923 date=1332807776]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Will do hopefully it'll be in one piece by the time it comes from China lol :thumbsup:

It only arrived this week lol. Havent got to the garage yet to get the cigarette lighter so stay live. I'll let you know how i get on :thumbsup:

Back