what version spec c do i have

Animal spec-c

Petrolheads
As above ive often wondered what version spec c i have?my car is november 2002 and i think it was like a preproduction model or some bull like that hence why my2002 but blobeye i think i have that right?mine came with no electric windows or mirrors or skirts, does that make it a spec c v limited.or is a v limited ra or something different?

taken from here alan.

http://www.isdc.ie/about_subarus.htm

This year's Spec C was available in 2 guises, the more expensive version had 17" ten-spoke BBS wheels, a driver controlled centre diff with automatic mode, Suretrac front and mechanical rear differentials and a quicker steering rack. The cheaper option had 16" steel wheels covering the less powerful brakes, a driver controlled centre diff without automatic override and basic seats. In April 2003 a Spec C Limited became available, extras included power windows ,air conditioning, central locking, colour coded power mirrors, special seat material and centre panel finish, black door trim, a leather gearknob with matching handbrake cover, a rev indicator and an aluminium pedal set. These were limited to 1000 cars.

Don't Subaru introduce model years around october? So if your car was November 2002 that would make it MY2003

any one else got any ideas?so which spec c is rarer the ones without electrics and maybe lighter or the ones that have the added luxuarys and heavier? :thumbsup:

Maybe its blobbed over bugeye?
I would think yours is a specced up Standard Spec C.. Afaik it was possible to bastardise your Scooby when buying it new, as in you could order the bog basic light weight model, but as an option add a/c or e/w etc etc, there was individual options you could add to the car. Ive heard of a lot of people saying that all Type Rs have the quick rack for example, they dont, very few have, it was an added option.
Quite possible your car is the light weight Spec C and original buyer got ew as an extra etc etc

In 2003, there was a standard spec c and a spec c limited. Both had the same applied model code, same as the one you posted above Alan. Basically, the only way to tell its a limited is the front electric windows, black seats and the air con. Only 1,000 limiteds made, dont think the standard model sales were limited and don't know if the sales figure were ever published.

Back