99 B4 Bottom end issue

johnoirl

Middle Lane Hogs
recently put deposit on a b4. ( my old one)
havent collected it yet from mechanic, he replaced 4 bent exhaust valves, and put it back together. they drove it today and it now has bottom end noise.
question, is it worth fixing or replacing the whole engine.

they are gonna sell me the car the way it is for 1000 euro.

:icon_hang:

I wouldn't bother tbh. Maybe try get another one a bit newer. 1000 for car+minimum 2.5k for rebuild and you'll be lucky to see 3k back if selling again. With s/h engine youre buying a pig in a bag.

considering the price they can be gotten for these days, get one thats running 100% and save yourself some cash and some heartache

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=33597.msg385016#msg385016 date=1331228139]
could buy and break it????
[/quote

Its prob not worth a grand with a knocking big end, he wont want the hastle of building it/breaking it.
Offer him €500-600 and get a newly built engine in it from someone reputable, worth a shot.
You get your car back with a fresh engine.

Thanks lads. for the reply lads. Ill make the offer of 500/600 and see what he says. but yea a nice new engine wud be nice. pitty as the engine thats in it only has 20000 kms on it since it was rebuilt. came in from jap before i owned it before. the lad who bought it from me last year must have ragged it..
ill keep yas posted.

I had bottom end faIl on my legacy,I imported a engine block on its own from japan...600euro shiped an all,then got my mechanic(id advise you get a mechanic who knows what hes doin on this one)and swapped over all other parts turbos,boost pipes etc...720000klm on block,running like a dream since......

Lol I think this car is just bad ex. Never take her back lol. I used to own it. Seen an isdc b4 for 1700. Lookin into it.

decided to take yer advice and walk away.
picked up a nice clean 01 golf gti the weekend for a grand. only has 94k on it. tight and tidy car with lots of reciepts.
ill get my scooby sometime..

Back