Scoobynet McRae memorial Convoy 14th October 2007 (Northern Ireland)

brocks

Sunday Drivers
Scoobynet, McRae memorial Convoy Sunday 14th October 2007

Well folks, at last the Scoobynet website has gotten sorted and you will find below the proposed route for a memorial convoy for the late great Colin McRae......Sunday 14th October 2007 starting @1000am @Sprucefield......If you own or know somebody who does own a scooby please come along, or let them know about this event................

All righty folks.....please find the proposed route as below......I know its not going to keep everyone happy, but as said before this is being planned as a "lap of honour" touching all six counties and at the same time trying to keep the mileage and the dreaded fuel bills to a minimum, whilst still giving a good drive out.......The time constraints are such that I have to have the paperwork submitted pretty much straight away, and as there hasnt been that much objection so far here goes nothing..........

Meet @ Sprucefield 0930 Sunday 14th October 2007.....Leaving 1000am SHARP

Sprucefield to Junction 1 Antrim...Arriving 1045am....Leaving 1115am
Junction 1 Antrim to Murray Cars Magherafelt....Arriving 1200noon (refreshements available and 1st fuel stop if required....) Leaving 1230pm
Murray Cars to Cookstown...NO STOP
Cookstown to Enniskillen....Arriving 1400/1430...LUNCH....Leaving 1530pm
Enniskillen to Armagh Arriving 1630ish....2nd Fuel Stop...Leaving 1700pm
Armagh to Sprucefield, via Banbridge......Arriving 1800pm.......

This will be a full day run, but with plenty of stops for breaks, fuel and refreshments etc....At the end, if you fancy a trip down to Bangor on the sunday night, I'm sure Bangorcruise and Rocko would be more than happy to see us arrive in style.............

The timetable is fairly strict, but this means that if someone cant make one of the points, they can head directly to the next meeting point and find us OK

Would have to stress again that this is not a race ffs, but a MEMORIAL run and as such "proper" driving would be appreciated....as said before the paperwork will have to be lodged with the PSNI and the route details will also have to be submitted for approval..........I dont forsee any problems with this as it is not a contentious type of parade, but it will mean that each region are aware of the event and can police this event in their own way...........

Hope that is clear as mud to everyone, it will be getting posted on the other sites tomorrow when I get some sleep LOL

Re: Scoobynet McRae memorial Convoy 14th October 2007

Forgot to add folks......please register your interest on the scoobynet site so we can get an idea of numbers..........we are also thinking about getting replica drivers names vinyls cut for this event......you know the thing...."McRae and the Scottish flag"...white vinyl, for both rear side windows, rally style as another tribute and to make the convoy itself self explanatory as it passes throught he towns and villages enroute....

If you are interested in attnding and want the stickers made up for your car, the price will be £5 per car for the pair.....please also mark your name if you wish to have the stickers ordered.....there will be a few spare sets, but to avoid disappointment please let me know ASAP......Murrays Cars have sponsored us £100 to get the stickers started, and ANY excess money will naturally be sent direct to the McRae families charity of choice............this IS NOT a money making scheme as most of you know me from organising the Lurgan Park event, and are well aware of my views...

Thanks for your interest and continued support to a sister scooby site

:clap:

if i was in the country id b there

Fair play brocks and best of luck with the run :headbanger: :subaru: :headbanger:
Dont forget to take plenty of pics and post them up here when you can :thumbsup:

Cant post on scoobynet.

Can you stick me down Brocks.Sure there will be a lot more heading up.

:smokin:

if i was in the country id b there

Well it's in the North of the country :dunno: :dunno: it would of been nice to
see it come South a small bit even......... anyway i still reckon I'll head up

So far:

Carlo
Niall.....(maybe must check work)

@nially
in the north :ponder:
still the same country :dunno:
i thought the same with all the meets down south :ponder:
still will be nice to see ya guys up our way- if ya stuck for anything while up give me a shout :thumbsup:

north / south blah blah blah :roll:

this is a subaru site

im in australia

:thumbsup:

[quote author=210bhp legacy link=topic=3875.msg40064#msg40064 date=1191704532]
@nially
in the north :ponder:
still the same country :dunno:
i thought the same with all the meets down south :ponder:
still will be nice to see ya guys up our way- if ya stuck for anything while up give me a shout :thumbsup:
[/quote]

We have gone up north a number of times but never seems to be a big turn out :dunno:

I must say when i first read about the scoobynet convoy post, i assumed it was across the water. Never paid attention to the towns they'd be passing through. I'd like to go up and join the convoy, even if it was only for part of the trip. I'm sure we could get a convoy from the south to go up. Would anybody agree? Is it too short notice now?

Andrew D.

lads i would be up for it also if we got together and headed up to this convoy.

@ Renno - last event I organised was the convoy to Lurgan Park, with over 65 scoobs in attendance, hope to have as good a turnout @ this event, but know where you are coming from regarding organising stuff then people pulling out at the last minute.....

@ Niallyboy - have to apologise for not coming further south, but was worried that the southern sites would already have had an event organised for this.....as it is the run in total is over 200 miles and this is the revised shortened route.....we wanted to do " a lap of honour" type of event to cover all 6 counties to giver everyone a chance to turn up along the route and join in.......

As with any convoy event etc I can only try and keep the majority happy, sorry if the route has disappointed anyone, or the late posting of the event, this has been quite rushed, and I just wanna try and run a well organised event for the right reasons....not money making etc, just in memory of a great driver whose life has impacted so many.......

Thanks again for your support..

Scott

IL be in donegal for a wedding might try and meet up with yiz..can you give a rough guide of the route and times ..if you can

@nially
in the north ponder2
still the same country dontknow
i thought the same with all the meets down south ponder2
still will be nice to see ya guys up our way- if ya stuck for anything while up give me a shout thumb

@210bhp legacy , you have miss understood what i meant or maybe it was my bad grammer :dunno:
i was trying to say North / South it's all the one makes no difference....this was in response to Six spoke Clive's
post (who of course was on about Australia ) so a bit of a fcuk up on my part :wall: :wall: ....... Sorry and hope i didn't cause to much
offence .

@ Brocky ......no probs im just moaning cause it's a long drive from Cork :salute:
anyway look forward to seen ye all on the day
:subaru:

Niall.

Back