Engine knock frequency for boxer engines

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Does anyone know the knock sensor frequency that is used in our cars? I need to set the bandwidth setting to the expected knock frequency for the Phormula knock detector default is 6.5khz

Dan,
I wouldn't have a clue, but I'm sure if you email Simon from JGM he will tell you what setting you need. He's using KS3 in mapping as far as I remember

I thought Couture Autos could fit and set these up in house?

Worth having them set it up right, especially in your case with new engine.

they are pretty easy to set up, turns out frequency for ej20 is 6khz, just need to configure it properly in the morning, will get someone to double check my work is good though before i go trusting it 100% :)

They have to be set on an individual basis... How could a forged engine be the same frequency as a standard engine for example.

ye still needs to be fine tuned alright, ill probably go back to couture auto and get it set up properly, i can check the ecu for knock aswell so its a good way to double check detector is working

Every engine will vary in what its normal ok noise is, if your engine is super quite, and mine isnt then your monitor on my car would be showing knock where there maybe none. Forged engines are a bit louder than standard internal engines so again individual tuning is whats needed,
Where did you buy from after Dan? Ks3 or Ks4 and how much?

@Codders: nice one i couldnt find the calculator thanks

@ Ken: it was super quiet before now its like a bunch dutch slappers on a friday night when cold! but not too bad once warmed up not too different from standard. It doesnt pick up that noise though, im guessing its dependent on the frequency knock happens in our engines.

I got it from couture auto, last one they had in stock, i got it for 170 euro. Ciaran has some in stock if anyone else wants one. Its a nice bit of kit. this and/or the knock box are used by most mappers so good stuff.

Back