Polisher

I used one of those oscillating ones before and it was pretty useless. I think the grinder style ones are supposed to be much better even though they are about €150-€200.

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=33358.msg382325#msg382325 date=1329832297]
I used one of those oscillating ones before and it was pretty useless. I think the grinder style ones are supposed to be much better even though they are about €150-€200.
[/quote]

Been doing abit of reading, and your right they seem to be the better choice. Think i'll save up abit longer :)

Very easy to burn through paint with a rotary polisher so be very very careful with it. I would recommend starting with the dual action machine but on your rock hard BMW paint, you might as well be rubbing your mickey on it. You will get there but the arms would be falling off you. No need to go above speed 3 and step up while working tye polish and down again to refine. Don't allow the polisher to stop rotating while in contact with the car.

You'll get one under 100, search kestrel or silverline. I'll post links for you later, too awkward on the phone.

You need to choose polishes and pads, 3M have a very easy system to follow and you can't go wrong, green polish and pad for cutting, yellow for polishing ands blue for refining. As you get more experienced you can interchange to achieve different cut levels.

only reason im looking at them is im just sick of hand polish and waxing, i am afraid to use the polisher i have to say.
I would prob save up and get a better one, so throw some difference options out there.

thanks,

i have a kit there i bought from cleanyourcar.co.uk hasnt really got much use. came with 3 Sonus pads and 3 sonus polish and waxes, i would post it down to you but probably cheaper to order one from them direct

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=33358.msg382331#msg382331 date=1329837631]
only reason im looking at them is im just sick of hand polish and waxing, i am afraid to use the polisher i have to say.
I would prob save up and get a better one, so throw some difference options out there.

thanks,
[/quote]

If you are only looking for something to apply polishes rather than swirl removal, then go for the dual action orbital polisher, its virtually fool proof. Super resin polish produces better results the more its worked into the paint which is very hard to do by hand without your arm falling off :smile:

Unless you are using liquid waxes, you'll find a wax very hard to apply via machine pad, you are better off applying by hand.

I'd get a kit with a random orbital polisher, pads and polish. You'll end up buying the pads and polish after a while once you get proficient so you might as well buy the package up front and save a small few bob.

Back