car spluttering every now and again

popsy b4

Sunday Drivers
since i got the legacy last week the car only at times can splutter and the check engine light come on for a few seconds and go again

previous owner changed a coil pack just before i got it so would a coilpack throw up a light ? or would it be plugs ?

im thinking about replacing 4 of them and the plugs just to be sure
anyone come across this before

knock sensor could cause this. and would normally have intermittent check enging light and power loss. Not usually splutting though.

Only go new e94.50 or e175.00 fitted incl diagnostic check and ecu reset.

Although first port of call is get her plugged in and see what light is first before buying any parts

Get out a philips screwdriver and remove the plastic panel under the steering wheel. On the left hand side of the steering column you will find two green plugs,and two black ones. Ignore green ones. Connect black ones-ones male the others female. They can be hard to find,but theyre there alright. Once black ones are connected turn on ignition but dont start the car. Check light will flash a sequence of long and short flashes. Count these flashes. Long flash=10's Short flash=1's Example; 3 long flashes followed by 2 short flashes= code 32

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=33356.msg382266#msg382266 date=1329775291]
Get out a philips screwdriver and remove the plastic panel under the steering wheel. On the left hand side of the steering column you will find two green plugs,and two black ones. Ignore green ones. Connect black ones-ones male the others female. They can be hard to find,but theyre there alright. Once black ones are connected turn on ignition but dont start the car. Check light will flash a sequence of long and short flashes. Count these flashes. Long flash=10's Short flash=1's Example; 3 long flashes followed by 2 short flashes= code 32
[/quote]

pretty much same as my last car so must do it tomorrow evenin after work

there is a hks fcon ecu i it so dont want to go messing with that ha

car is in the garage at the moment doing brakes and getting tires so ill report back with a code hopefully tomorrow

where can i find the code list ?

as robbie said if you cant get it sorted yourself drop it to mark murphy in st patricks wollen mills douglas.....

off topic but i spotted your b4 parked up earlier, nice motor :subaru:
im living by na piarsaighs meself...

i only live around the corner :subaru: she is ok needs a bit of tlc but i like a bit of a project , back driving her now for the weekend so ill get a diagnostics done in the morning on her :multijump:

Just an update on this got a hold of my friends diagnostics which is handy as i can hang onto it and just give it back whenever he needs it,
its the knock sensor anyway so must get out to subaru order one fit it and wipe the codes clear

a very handy tool to have i must say

Back