Wide arch lips on 05 Blob

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Taking mine off in the next while so I can get them repainted.

To get them off, should i just use a bit of heat to help?

What are they actually stuck on with? Is it anything more high tech than a bit of double sticky tape or is it a special type of glue?

Any ideas?

be very carefull takeing them off as dave said there is about 5-6 clips but they are designed as fit and forget not to be removed if your lucky you will just break the clips if your not you will break the part of the arch that holds the clip and then its a new arch ,you need a panel clip removal tool and wrap the jaws of it in masking tape so as not to damage the paint and then just carefully remove them i have a set off if ya want me to bring them next week to look at where the clips are located on them

Thanks lads, I'll have a closer look to see about the clips. Going to fairyhouse market in the morning for a few bits so will see can i pick up one of them tools

If you could bring them next week dec, that'd be great :thumbsup:

Is there anywhere I could pop in during the week and find one of these tools, was at fairyhouse last weekend and no-one had one

Sorted one in the motor factors, just under €5 and picking it up on thursday. Cheers Gordon, wouldn't have even thought of heading in there to look :thumbsup:

@dec - any chance you could stick up a pic of the clips on the arch lip?

What's it costing you in total to do, time and patience?

I just got two off Subaru before, they even come painted :thumbsup:
Alot less hassle.

Probably half an hour to take them off myself. Then go and get them painted, don't have a price yet... Need a few bits done so probably not too much whe the other bits are included.

What did they cost you new from subaru? Never even considered checking as I assumed they'd be mad money..

Back