p1410 Fault Code

hi mick this happend me on my 06 wrx same system as sti. the air pump blows cold air through the two valves into the exhaust system to keep emissons to eu standards the valves open on cold start up and shut after a minute or two afraid an expensive fix was told the complete system had to be replaced pump and two valves costing approx 1500 euro. second option is to delete the system from the car get two blanking plates from cosworth http://prorracing.co.uk/product/subaru-impreza-air-delete-kit-2006-2012-wrx-sti-ej255-ej257-engine/ the system needs to be deleted from the ecu coture auto did mine. works out at about 300 euro. the chioise is yours hope this helps

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=33206.msg380618#msg380618 date=1328910963]
thats the second time ive heard of this going on a hawk , first one was a 1.6 ,
[/quote]

jesus its big money to fix proper

[quote author=buckshot link=topic=33206.msg380638#msg380638 date=1328915656]
usually happens bewteen 50 and 80k
[/quote]

50 to 80 thousand miles or kilometres ? km i hope , means im nearly in the clear ,

im 52k kilometers at the moment Tommy.

Being doing a fair bit of reading up on this and its a very common problem, seemingly the 2 valves are prone to letting water/vapour in and the flap that opens and closes rusts and either gets stuck open or closed. Probably going to be better to rip it all out and erase fault codes as a new sytem will probably just fail down the road again :icon_hang:

[quote author=ScoobyMick link=topic=33206.msg380733#msg380733 date=1328984216]
im 52k kilometers at the moment Tommy.

Being doing a fair bit of reading up on this and its a very common problem, seemingly the 2 valves are prone to letting water/vapour in and the flap that opens and closes rusts and either gets stuck open or closed. Probably going to be better to rip it all out and erase fault codes as a new sytem will probably just fail down the road again :icon_hang:
[/quote] when this happened my car only info i could get was on american sites, deleteing the air pump and valves also tumble valves give trouble so i deleted these also as mine were sticking the yanks see these items as a restriction to the engine

they are a restriction..their function is to bring these cars down to respectible emssions figures!!
might have nct issues in the future but time will tell....

Not sure Mark as the air pump only works on startup to keep emissions down until the cat gets up to temperature.

[quote author=ScoobyMick link=topic=33206.msg380755#msg380755 date=1328988713]
@ buckshot, is this what you removed
[/quote]yes thats correct

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=33206.msg380753#msg380753 date=1328988560]
they are a restriction..their function is to bring these cars down to respectible emssions figures!!
might have nct issues in the future but time will tell....
[/quote]as far as i know tumble valves close on cold start up and open as engine gets hot as our nct does not test the car when its cold shouldent be an issue

Let me know if your going to order the blanking kit Mick , think i'll get a kit 2 and delete the pump when the car is getting mapped later in the year . prevention is better than cure

Back