Spec c engine

johnl

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi Lads, a friend of mine is looking to buy a 2005 impreza rally car which is currently been built, the fella selling it has built a good amount of them now and knows his stuff. He is that there is prodrive built spec c engine in the car with 328 bhp..is there any way of telling if it is a spec c engine? or is there any difference? its running a vf30 turbo.
thanks

I always taught the spec c used a vf34? its pretty much the same as a vf30 but it spools a little quicker so dont see why anyone would swap them :ponder2:

Prodrive never went near the original Spec C engine, and also it only ever was the JDM 280BHP.. so i cant really make out from your post but is it a spec C engine, or a Spec C engine that has been rebuilt by Prodive??? Spec C inlets are also different and engine should have an external oil cooler fitting

Not really sure myself Ken, he said it was a 8k engine built by prodrive that was meant for another rally car he was building but decided to put it into this one. In his words he said it was 'c spec engine'... not sure does this mean it was a spec c engine or what? No receipts but he is a genuine fella so we'd have no reason not to believe him.

8k and no receipts? sounds like bullshit to me! Who spends 8k on an engine build and no receipts for any of the parts

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=33195.msg380617#msg380617 date=1328910326]
8k and no receipts? sounds like bullshit to me! Who spends 8k on an engine build and no receipts for any of the parts
[/quote]second this :thumbsup:

Back