central locking not working?

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
ok i have a 01 b4,there is open/lock on my key!it never worked i just tought it was the battery,so i changed today and no joy...anyone know what could be the problem???

you might have to re-syncit to the car the fact its was dead for solong . im sure one of the boys withthe know-how will be along to tell you ,bar that may ask google or s.net :thumbsup:

Hi not sure if this helps, but I had a problem with central locking when I first got mine coz of an old alarm that had been fitted but never worked right, when I investigated the problem found out that the central locking via key fob was disconnected to allow the alarm lock the doors.Probably of no help but worth letting you know just in case :thumbsup:

yeah could be that...there is always a beep every time i lift the drivers door handle...is this standard or what???

my car has the same thing on the key and it never worked when i asked the dealer they said it doesnt work cause mine has a subaru cat 1 alarm fitted has yours an alarm might be the same if so

i dont think it has,when i lock it i always lift the handle to make sure and it makes a wee beep...but i wouldnt know if it has,how would i know???

i found the wiring for the old alarm , in around the drivers footwell , worth having a peek

Back