Problem not sure what?

BazGF8

OG Wagan
ISDC Club Member
Right as a few of ye know from my project thread , my gearbox has to come out of the car again, it'll be late next week when the job is being done.Today apart from the bad synchro in 3rd and the rally car style whining in 4Th, I cant select 1st and reverse when the car is warm, I have to force it into gear, when I do finally get the gear the car moves even though the clutch is disengaged??

New clutch fitted to the car, biting point is fine, Could it be a coincidence that the slave cylinder might be starting to give up? I might try bleed it tomorrow as I'm afraid it might wreck my new clutch.

Id just replace the slave cylinder baz if you have any doubts. There nor much money... Certainly cheaper than a new clutch.

Either slave cylinder or also maybe worth changing the hose going to cylinder..
E36 m3 evos are known for this problem, when hot the rubeer hose from age expands under pressure making it hard to select gear, and also gives the clutch fully pressed creep you are getting... havent read your thread but either the cylinder or the hose could be the source of all your troubles, i would have tried them before you dropped the box out.... if you havent a leak at cylinder i would bet you a 99 on Patricks day its the Rubber hose.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=33128.msg379929#msg379929 date=1328464346]
Either slave cylinder or also maybe worth changing the hose going to cylinder..
E36 m3 evos are known for this problem, when hot the rubeer hose from age expands under pressure making it hard to select gear, and also gives the clutch fully pressed creep you are getting... havent read your thread but either the cylinder or the hose could be the source of all your troubles, i would have tried them before you dropped the box out.... if you havent a leak at cylinder i would bet you a 99 on Patricks day its the Rubber hose.
[/quote]

Yeah I meant to post up that I spotted the master cylinder wet in the car where it comes through the bulk head so I reckon its a coincedence with the gearbox work.The box had to come out anyway with the broken tooth if ya get me, no that its all back together this seperate issue has shown its face.
I put fresh fluid and bled the slave with the nipple at the highest point and it seems to have helped the problem for the moment but I will be changing out the master cylinder, keep forgetting the milage that on this car things are bound to give up

here's a pic of the tooth when the box was apart
jomo.jpg

Basically has to come apart again next week because the exchanged shaft have a bad 3rd and 4th,car is driving though thank god

Dont over look the Hose going to slave cylinder, if thast swelling when you press pedal, its like lifting your foot off a bit, can get braided ones

[quote author=KENC link=topic=33128.msg379937#msg379937 date=1328465878]
Dont over look the Hose going to slave cylinder, if thast swelling when you press pedal, its like lifting your foot off a bit, can get braided ones
[/quote]

I have a spare set of braided brake lines lying around , could make one of those rear hoses work, maybe a bit longer would that matter?

[quote author=KENC link=topic=33128.msg379976#msg379976 date=1328474187]
Yep thats the job, cheap as chips
[/quote]

Ordered

Back