Rebuild parts/ ancillaries

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Just doing some research into various options etc and few things im not sure about

ARP head stud kit and main bolt kit - are these or similar needed? What benefit do they offer when used
Full new timing belt kit - is it overkill to replace a 30k old kit while the engine is out, or would new belt and water pump be fine?
Injectors - thinking mine are 500cc ones, is there any point in upgrading to sti pinks(550, if i can get a good set second hand)
Head gaskets - are Subaru OEM ones best choice or should i be considering others, Cometic/cosworth etc?
oil pump - new standard oil pump or is there a better choice??

Is there any forged brands i should avoid, Manley, CP, Eagle etc or are most main brands similar when looking at rods and pistons

All things considered, it will probably never see anything over 400 bhp. i dont want to be doing too many things that are pointless but dont want a huge failure like this again!

as great the subaru's are they all fail at some point and since been apart of the club, you see how often its happening :icon_cry:

1.arp stud kit i would say is needed will add strength to the build and help hold it together when being reved hard
2.timing belt kit !i would only fit a belt to it man all the rest of the parts should be fine
3.injectors !i would try get some 600 cc spec c injectors just to be sure of the fuel flow
4.gaskets !i would upgrade to cometic or similar just to be sure of a proper seal betweeen heads and blocks
5. defintely fit an uprated rcm pump or a cosworth and i would also fit a baffle plate in the sump to stop surge while on track

any of the brands you have named for rods and pistons should be fine just dont buy from an unknown dealer stick with the big names

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=33071.msg378986#msg378986 date=1327876946]
1.arp stud kit i would say is needed will add strength to the build and help hold it together when being reved hard
2.timing belt kit !i would only fit a belt to it man all the rest of the parts should be fine
[/quote]

so only ARP head stud kit needed? I see another main stud kit being mentioned on some sites too. not sure if my waterpump was replaced last time belt was replaced, so i was going to do it just to be safe

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=33071.msg378990#msg378990 date=1327877123]
[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=33071.msg378986#msg378986 date=1327876946]
[/quote]

so only ARP head stud kit needed? I see another main stud kit being mentioned on some sites too. not sure if my waterpump was replaced last time belt was replaced, so i was going to do it just to be safe
[/quote]
i would say so man the reason it was designed was to take higher loads on the engine that comes from higher boost and fuel levels and higher revs so for safetyi would
as for the pump if not sure when it was fitted it would be no harm to do it and sure if thats the case you may as well fit the whole lot and you know hwere ya are with it then

Back