Urgent! advice needed.

mynameismud

Middle Lane Hogs
I'm down in west cork and the orange engine light just came on, i need to head back to cork shortly but i'm afraid to drive it that far, already drove it about 7 miles, and it didn't seem to be boosting, but i was really nursing it, i know it could be a number of things, but does anyone know how i could check without plugging it in? I hope someone can help!

Oh im not sure about them, I have a 99 gtb etune now and im not sure how to check them, might be the same, have a look.

[quote author=MrMagoo link=topic=33062.msg378896#msg378896 date=1327850780]
Oh im not sure about them, I have a 99 gtb etune now and im not sure how to check them, might be the same, have a look.
[/quote]

:thumbsup: will do, a buddy was telling me the same, just kinda nervous to drive it back up to cork from castletownbere! bout 130km.

Ouch, does the car feel ok? Just holding back on boost? Could be knock sensor or similar, i would say drive it completely off boost till you can get it home, alternatively get it to a garage you know and bum a lift home! If your really stuck, just shout.

[quote author=MrMagoo link=topic=33062.msg378898#msg378898 date=1327851449]
Ouch, does the car feel ok? Just holding back on boost? Could be knock sensor or similar, i would say drive it completely off boost till you can get it home, alternatively get it to a garage you know and bum a lift home! If your really stuck, just shout.
[/quote]

Sound again, just getting ready to leave now, gonna take it easy, have a friend who will be heading up in the next hour or so so fingers crossed, i'll take it to mark murphy motors tomorrow. thanks again

Those connectors are on a B4 as well so you should be able to read the code there to tell you what the engine light is on for

Just back in cork now, heavy traffic so it suited me fine, the light went on and off several times tho :ponder:, any way gonna spin over to mark murphy tomorrow and ask him to have a look. Thanks lads,

Follw the instructions in that link and read the code yourself. If its on and off, its likely a knock sensor but you'll know this evening if you check the code.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=33062.msg378927#msg378927 date=1327860505]
Follw the instructions in that link and read the code yourself. If its on and off, its likely a knock sensor but you'll know this evening if you check the code.
[/quote]

It'll have to wait til the morning now, cheers, had a feeling it was a knock sensor on the way up alright when it was on and off like that.

Glad u got it back safe! Knock sensor I'd say! If mark hasn't got one, gimme a shout, I'll be able to sort one, I'm in ballincollig!

[quote author=MrMagoo link=topic=33062.msg378952#msg378952 date=1327870392]
Glad u got it back safe! Knock sensor I'd say! If mark hasn't got one, gimme a shout, I'll be able to sort one, I'm in ballincollig!
[/quote]

sweet, whats yer number?

Back