Newage Widetrack Wheel Fitment

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
What is the standard offset for a newage sti widetrack (5x114)? And is it the same as an earlier newage (5x100)?

Looking for a spare set of track rims (any condition) now. Will any other marque fitment work i.e. nissan, etc?

Did a search on donedeal and there's a few there, not sure of the offset though. Will lower offset mean a higher likelyhood of clearing the brembos?

Indeed, there's no end of 5x100 alloys up for sale.

Need a set to use as track wheels, getting the BBS's refurbed soon so don't want to ruin them on track with the carbon lorraine pads. Not selling yours, are ya?

ThanksDan, what are the breaks like on the altezza, would standard wheels have a chance of fitting over the brembos?

rims dimensions for them are 17x8 et+53 5x114.3 pcd, pcd is very common and found on most 5 stud fitments but the offset is what is unusual most other manufacturers use et+48 or less but you would get away with anything down as far et+48 without any hassle after that id say you will be into arch modification

from what i remember they are pretty chunky calipers so you might be lucky, the aftermarket ones would surely have more clearance too but a bit more expensive. I can see if i know anyone around that has a spare on you can try for size. Im sure froggy would have a few sets

@ Dec, Altezza ones aren't 8 inch wide in standard form if thats what you mean? they are 17 x 7 as picture below

MyTezz5.jpg

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=33025.msg378463#msg378463 date=1327529336]
from what i remember they are pretty chunky calipers so you might be lucky, the aftermarket ones would surely have more clearance too but a bit more expensive. I can see if i know anyone around that has a spare on you can try for size. Im sure froggy would have a few sets

@ Dec, Altezza ones aren't 8 inch wide in standard form if thats what you mean? they are 17 x 7 as picture below

MyTezz5.jpg

[/quote]

sorry man meant to qoute robbies first post

Cheers Dan, appreciate it. Tried Froggy a good while ago but no alloys were left. Very few widetracks being broken about the place :hammerhead:

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=33025.msg378462#msg378462 date=1327529172]
rims dimensions for them are 17x8 et+53 5x114.3 pcd, pcd is very common and found on most 5 stud fitments but the offset is what is unusual most other manufacturers use et+48 or less but you would get away with anything down as far et+48 without any hassle after that id say you will be into arch modification
[/quote]

So the lower the offset, the further out it is toward the arch then, have i got that right. So an et48 would have a good chance at clearing the brembos?

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=33025.msg378462#msg378462 date=1327529172]
[/quote]

So the lower the offset, the further out it is toward the arch then, have i got that right. So an et48 would have a good chance at clearing the brembos?

[/quote]

exactly man any wheel that has a + offset which most have unless they are super wide 10"+ will be that principle if the wheel had a - offset it is opposite. like thats why i am sayin any thing down to 48 should be grand cause most arches have about 5-10mm clearance from standard wheels after that you have to modify

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=33025.msg378445#msg378445 date=1327526829]
Indeed, there's no end of 5x100 alloys up for sale.

Need a set to use as track wheels, getting the BBS's refurbed soon so don't want to ruin them on track with the carbon lorraine pads. Not selling yours, are ya?
[/quote]

No sorry not for sale. Need to refurb my original BBS rims too.
Ill eventually do them.think I'll buy a new set of revolutions first though.

Back