STi 6 Top Mount Intercooler - Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi

Petrolheads
As above. Need one asap.

I know of the one KenC has but does anyone else have one in very good condition that they are willing to part with?

Kind of need one this week, so I can have the car ready for the rolling road and Mondello.

Cheers,
Graham
086 3535688

Thats strange, i have one thats in very good condition have sent you photos like you asked for, you then made me an offer and told me it would stand for few days , i accepted your offer about an hour after you made that statement and now your on here looking for a very good condition v6 intercooler :ponder: :ponder: that doesnt really make much sense

I'd prefer if you kept that to a PM Ken.

But seeing as my dirty laundry is out on parade now, I'll clear this up.

I felt that you were asking for too much money. I made you an offer, you agreed to it, but said I'd have to organise collection myself. Now that's where my problem was. I'm in Cork, your in Wexford. Not exactly neighbours. For the €20 you took off your price it would cost 4 times that for me to collect it. That's the reason for this thread.

Anyway I have been sorted. Got one for 2 thirds of the price you were asking, including duct work etc and delivered to my door. It's in better condition too. Only one blemish on one corner and that's it.

Hope this clears things up. And I feel what I did makes perfect sense.

Well yogi, while we'r on about preferences, i would of prefered if you hadnt of replied to my sti8 topmount for sale thread with a load of nonesense about having to cut the arse end out of intercooler to make it fit, im sure that anyone who might of considerd it didnt after you stating that extent of work was ment to have been needed to make it fit, maybe that should of been better kept to a pm aswell, and i would also of preferd if when posting your sti6 ic wanted post, if you had of worded it a bit different rather than
I know of the one KenC has but does anyone else have one in very good condition that they are willing to part with?
To me and anyone who read your post it made my ic out to be a pile of sh*t.

I'm not getting into an internet arguement.... If you have a problem with what I've done we can talk about it at the next meet or event.

@ Admin, please lock. Thanks.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=3817.msg39663#msg39663 date=1191450199]
Well yogi, while we'r on about preferences, i would of prefered if you hadnt of replied to my sti8 topmount for sale thread with a load of nonesense about having to cut the arse end out of intercooler to make it fit, im sure that anyone who might of considerd it didnt after you stating that extent of work was ment to have been needed to make it fit, maybe that should of been better kept to a pm aswell, and i would also of preferd if when posting your sti6 ic wanted post, if you had of worded it a bit different rather than
To me and anyone who read your post it made my ic out to be a pile of sh1t.
[/quote]

To fit correct to early cars a nick outta the corner to clear the clutch resivoir is needed... so don't see how it was a load of nonsense.....???????

complete nonesense :wall:,
To fit correct to early cars a nick outta the corner to clear the clutch resivoir is needed...  so don't see how it was a load of nonsense.....???????
Im really suprised that you who seem to always have done loads of research and always have good info have come out with that Dave..im not really good at searching forums and i dont have broadband but i was able to find the fitting guide fairly quickly....everyone else in the world is happy enough to cut about an inch off at the bottom of the resovoir neck, and refit it so it sits an inch or so lower, now with that in mind, would it not seem to you tat who ever said you had to cut a lump out of the intercooler was talking through there arse Dave??????????????
As i said before i had the ic fitted and got mapped and like everyone else in the UK that shorten the resovoir neck, had no prob with clutch or anything as a result.
{cutting lump out of an expensive intercooler and having to get it re welded .VS. cutting piece off inexpensive, ten a penny plastic resovoir neck.????} THATS A HARD DECISION :ponder:
would you still say
To fit correct to early cars a nick outta the corner to clear the clutch resivoir is needed...

well Dave, was wondering, did you look up that fitting guide after? :ponder: and if so, what your thoughts are about what was through up without any thought on my for sale post? :dunno:
i think Damo might have an email with the guide in it, i will ask him to put it up, or if your reading Damo and you still have my email will you stick it up? :thumbsup:

wouldn't exactly call this hacking an intercooler up..........

CIMG0096.jpg

CIMG0097.jpg

CIMG0098.jpg

Hi Ken, I have some pics of one of the bottles cut / trimmed down. Ill try find the fitting guide later. Saves cutting and re welding the intercooler.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=3817.msg41191#msg41191 date=1192232322]
so, what your thoughts are about what was through up without any thought on my for sale post? :dunno:
[/quote]

Well you and Damo wrecking yogis wanted thread................ :roll: :roll: :roll:

So pair of ye's in it..............
:ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

You got involved before I did and have posted 3 times in thread :roll: , I posted because Ken asked for the picture of the bottle mod to prove you dont need to cut and weld the intercooler. Anyway im sure Yogi wont mind as its keeping his thread bumped.

correct me if i m wrong but are the pictures shown a fittng guide for a ver7 onwards sti intercooler not a regular v6 one.....

You're correct fatfrog.

I was looking for both at one stage, but the V6 one fits direct. It just needs a new mounting bracket.

The pics shown are the modifications needed to fit a classic for a V8.

There should be a gurantee put up on front page of site and it should state that if there is a hint of a disagreement or arguament in someones thread, its guaranteed your fokn name will appear in the post Dave, your always sticking your nose in, i asked Damo to put up the guide, you werent asked to come in and post the crap you posted. You are back pedaling now cause you know your wrong and trying to through the focus off in a different tangent all together, fact is you came on and said that i was wrong in saying it was nonesense , and the basics are YOUR WRONG... AND YOGI WAS WRONG.. and truth be known i'd say it was you that told Yogi that pile of SH~T.
your saying that me and Damo have ruined poor Yogis Wanted post, but theres nothing about my 2 foking posts that Yogi ruined.
Would you be happy if they were your posts Dave and Yogi came on and said the things he said???????
And as for that picture you threw up there Dave, is that handier than cutn the bottom off the clutch resevoir neck?????.. and just wondering what happens to the air that passes through the 4 tubes that are blocked off by weld and plate??????? Maybe you got that welded your self Dave, after all its only taken you 2wks or that, but you might want to hack another bit out of it as i dnt think that your going to be able to get lid on the clutch resevoir :thumbsup:

@ Admin: Please lock this thread as it's served it's purpose and now just turned into a serious b!tch session....

Lads, ye are making a mountain out of a mole hill... Get over it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back