ICE Help Needed

T

Turbo

A while ago I was given a Clarion cassette player , model ARX9470R and a 12 disc CD changer for work I did to a mates car . It's been lying in a box until yesterday when I rigged it up to see if it was still working . Everything is working perfectly except for the sound . Even at full volume I'm only getting a faint sound from the speaker . :ponder:

Instead of speaker connections the unit has 3 sets of phono connections - rear speakers , front speakers & sub output . When I got the unit there was a small amp connected to these phono connections but I sold it to a work collegue for his ice installation . Is it possible that the unit doesn't have a built-in amp & you need an external unit to drive the speakers ? I think it originally came out of a range rover , if that helps .

I'd really like to get this running as my mate said it was a really good unit with great sound quality . It certainly looks impressive with a large blue display & plenty of settings . Unfortunately he's in Australia working so I can't ask him about the amp .

Cheers , Derek

PS Also need a cage for this unit if anybody has a spare one . :thumbsup:

Hi Derek
How's things. It sound like the connectors you have attached to are the preouts for amps, a pair for each, front, back and sub-out and a red and white.

if you are not using an amp you should be able to connect the speakers through the main black connector, there should be a 8 pin connector for the 4 speakers, this plugs in either under or over the power supply connector ( can't remember for sure from memory)
If i can i will post pics for ya tomorrow

Regards
Mack

I connected the speakers up again , this time via an old sub-woofer amp & I now have sound ! :thumbsup: I had only 1 speaker connected but it has a good clear sound , even using the casette deck !

As Mack said , these must be the amp preouts I am using . Problem is that's the only speaker connections I have . The unit isn't ISO compatable but there is a small round 8-pin socket beside the socket for the multi-changer cable , would this be for connecting the speakers ?

The unit is remote control compatable , could this socket be for connecting up to a vehicle steering mounted remote ? I know you can get a IR remote for this unit .

Radio ???? Turbo dose it take
Cassette or LP's :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe if ya got a handle off an auld Grammer Phone
and gave it a twril you might get better sound !!

Niall.

[quote author=Turbo link=topic=436.msg3142#msg3142 date=1158880340]
I connected the speakers up again , this time via an old sub-woofer amp & I now have sound ! :thumbsup: I had only 1 speaker connected but it has a good clear sound , even using the casette deck !

As Mack said , these must be the amp preouts I am using . Problem is that's the only speaker connections I have . The unit isn't ISO compatable but there is a small round 8-pin socket beside the socket for the multi-changer cable , would this be for connecting the speakers ?

The unit is remote control compatable , could this socket be for connecting up to a vehicle steering mounted remote ? I know you can get a IR remote for this unit .
[/quote]

You should be able to buy an adaptor to make it ISO friendly.
The small round 8 pin socket could be for a CD changer.

Back