clock spring problem

murf8969

Sunday Drivers
alri lads need some advice i stupidliy spun the steering wheel while it was disconnected from the steering rack so it ripped out the connections i was goin to buy another but i found a thread saying it can be repaired so thats what i did i have it all solderd and ready to go its conected up but i thought at the last second if its connected wrong would the airbag go off?which would obviously be a much bigger problem if anyone could give me advice it would be much appriciated!cheers :thumbsup:

Did you break your clock spring?
How did you repair and was it easy enough if you did?
My airbag lights been on about 3 years i took bulb out but im gona fail nct when i eventualy do it
Was thinking buying new wheel but dont know if that would sort it.

If your confident enough that you fixed all you should have no issues
Sombody on here will know more think this is one for the pros
Hope its sorted for you :thumbsup:

ye i tried getting 1 from sti tuning but wrong year it was completely different!its actually not that hard to repair, the ribbon cables have to wound a certain way which was just trial and error but got it in the end i just stripped the plastic coating off and soldered it to its respective connection but not being to up on car electronics i was a bit worried the airbag would go off but id did connect the horn back up and that works!but im not goin to risk it im just goin to buy another one!

Back