NCT Fail !!!

Robbie B4

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads my B4 Failed on emissions just emissions...the readings were ...... CO 2.04 vol% and it should not be above 0.30%...so she is running very rich here are my thoughts on it but i am no mechanic just pick up things as i go. 1 could be a airflow censor the one up by the air intake i have allready replaced that all doh it was 2nd hand from subaru salvage in longford 2mts ago cost me 80blips...i was told it was %100..... anyway.... 2nd..... is the air mass meter down on the pipe just by the cat...and 3rd..... it could be the cat...or in fact it could be all 3...so if anyone could shed some light on the problim it would be very welcome.....Hate NCTs :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Things are going from bad to worse im being told their is no lamba or 02 cencers so how can i cut down the Emissions on the car if i cant find were the problim is......Head is melted........ :angry1: :angry1: Any help out their lads ???

Is there a Cat in the car man? Also could be your lambda sensor as there is no air mass meter near the cat, its in the exhaust manifold on the passenger side

air flow meter is beside the airbox .could most likely be the oxygen sensor down between the turbo and cat i think.

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=32754.msg375378#msg375378 date=1325872338]
Is there a Cat in the car man? Also could be your lambda sensor as there is no air mass meter near the cat, its in the exhaust manifold on the passenger side
[/quote]

Yes their is a cat in it i get mixed up with the names of the cencers but your talking about the same one at least its in the same place down by the manifold..The car has a 4.5 back box from a wrx and thats up half way including the propper s shape from the pipe then it meets in the middle with orignal legacy cats and manifold.... but just because its their dosent mean its working...Mr NCT checked all the stats and tapped away with his little hammer then asked 2 of his other NCT buddys over to have a look and they all had a tap and tryed to find folts but their was none tobe found...shes just running rich so i have to find the folt........Sorry i soooooo hate NCTs

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=32754.msg375379#msg375379 date=1325872443]
air flow meter is beside the airbox .could most likely be the oxygen sensor down between the turbo and cat i think.
[/quote]

Thanks mate

[quote author=Robbie B4 link=topic=32754.msg375377#msg375377 date=1325872008]
Lads my B4 Failed on emissions just emissions...the readings were ...... CO 2.04 vol% and it should not be above 0.30%...so she is running very rich here are my thoughts on it but i am no mechanic just pick up things as i go. 1 could be a airflow censor the one up by the air intake i have allready replaced that all doh it was 2nd hand from subaru salvage in longford 2mts ago cost me 80blips...i was told it was %100..... anyway.... 2nd..... is the air mass meter down on the pipe just by the cat...and 3rd..... it could be the cat...or in fact it could be all 3...so if anyone could shed some light on the problim it would be very welcome.....Hate NCTs :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
[/quote]

You told us only CO emissions - can you tell us lambda reading from the test? If cat is dead (or no cat) lambda and mixture may be perfectly fine, and you will still be out of CO limits.

its might be that could be a number of things mate be better get it checked out by someone :thumbsup:

[quote author=RudeBoy link=topic=32754.msg375402#msg375402 date=1325882538]
[/quote]

You told us only CO emissions - can you tell us lambda reading from the test? If cat is dead (or no cat) lambda and mixture may be perfectly fine, and you will still be out of CO limits.
[/quote]Lambda is 1.17 and should be between 0.97 and1.03..CO 2.04 vol% and it should not be above 0.30% andHC 92ppm thats at high idle

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=32754.msg375432#msg375432 date=1325894962]
Most likely o2 sensor on exhaust header.

But really only a guessing game on a forum.
[/quote]

Not showing any folts on the dash....like you say mate guessing game untill i bring it to a gardge...Thanks

Things are going from bad to worse im being told their is no lamba or 02 cencers so how can i cut down the Emissions on the car if i cant find were the problim is......Head is melted........ :angry1: :angry1: Any help out their lads ???
[/quote]

Back