Re-painting AP calipers

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So looked at my calipers today and noticed that it looks like some pebbles or grit got caught in the wheel and they got a good chipping over the last few weeks. Anyone have any hints or tips on the best way to re-paint them, should i replace the seals while im at it? Probably a weekend job too, to get them off the car, cleaned up, stripped down and repainted and cured.

Last time i had them off after the track day replacing the pads i notice some white scorching around the pistons, no idea if this is normal or not

DSC_8770.jpg

fitted them in early 2010 so nearly two years on at this stage.

One or two of the dust caps are like this:

DSC_8765.jpg

Probably happened at Mondello! Also whats the best paint to use on them, and secondly which color should i go for? black with yellow decals again or something different?

All tips and advice welcome!

Blueish/Purple like the D2 color or red I think would look great on your car.

Keep them the same colour dan look very well unless you want them to stand out more then go red :thumbsup:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=32725.msg375051#msg375051 date=1325596921]
What wheels are those Dan... and coulour...? That's the colour I'd like to get my Oz re-done in.
[/quote]

its gunmetal. I think ill go the same colours again, maybe a clear laquer on top for a glossy finish and might be a bit more durable then. i hope i can get replacement decals easy enough

I think they look good the colour they are dan, as you say put on some laquer and get a nice shine of them :thumbsup: Lovely looking wheels :thumbsup:

Back