Indicator not working (not bulb)

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Right side bumper indicator stopped working last night. Changed bulb this morning but still not working. Indicator signal on the dash is flashing really fast.

Any ideas?

Follow the wiring looking for a broken wire. If the bulb is good, then its either that or a broken connector. If it was a relay or anything I assume none of that side would be working.

Fuse maybe or dodgy new bulb. Try one from other side and see is that the same. Or could be moisture in the connector. Spray with wd40 and see if that helps

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=32700.msg374744#msg374744 date=1325336576]
Try one from other side and see is that the same.
[/quote]

Tried bulb from other side, no joy. Hope its not the actual indicator stalk broken :doh:

Are any of the bulbs on that side working andy?
The fact that the dash indicator symbol is working suggests the stalk is functioning correctly!

Id try wd40 first to rule out moisture in the connector then try tracing wires for a snag or a break!!!

If you have a multi meter you can test the connector for power as well to save haslle of tracing wires to start with

All other lights work on right side. Just indicator in the bumper not working.

WD40 it is. Fingers crossed.

Mine was doing the same thing the other day.

Took out the bulb, gave the connectors on it a bit of a clean

and popped it back in, working grand. Hope that helps.

Damn it, no WD40 here in the house. Shame on me :hammerhead:

I guess everywhere is closed tomorrow.

On wifes car when indicator light flashed fast on instrument panel, tracked the problem to a loose connector on the circuit that had been disturbed during a timing belt change

Fixed now lads.

Contact was rusty. Brillo pad to it and its working now.

:subaru:

Karma alround

Back