turbo inlet pipe

ianfl

Octane Boostaholics
as above mine is split at turbo 99 wrx is it a manifold off job or will it fit out underneath

ian if its a standard pipe you're putting back on you will have to take off the manifold as there is fuel pipes that you wont gev it out by :thumbsup:

Ok thanks lads was hoping wasn't a pig to do Jamie near sure spare one I have is good if not I give you a shout cheers

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=32637.msg374005#msg374005 date=1324600965]
Manifold off no matter wat type...........
4-5hrs job And need new set inlet manifold gaskets...
[/quote]
Strange you say that, the likes of Scoobyclinic advertise there inlet pipe that has removable outlets so it fill fit without lifting manifold
http://scoobyclinic.com/products_enginecomponents_hoses.htm

Ken.

It may say that in description all it wants. But squeezing any inlet pipe under manifold has huge risk of damaging it. So risking a £240 STR pipe would not be wise.

Also the task of removing hard plastic one? In place removale again risk of damaging something.

So would advise removing manifold for any pipe replacement.

Do you not agree Ken?

i fit a perrin one in 2hrs without removal of manifold,not sure if a samco or other types can be removed so easy but perrin state it can...it is tight but just dont be a butcher.
you wont get original plastic one off in one piece,i had to cut some moulded pieces off... also the 76mm would require manifold as opposed to the stock 58mm one.
hope that info helps
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well to take out the original intake without lifting mani like Marko said there is some cutting going to be needed but you should be able to fit the likes of SC hose that has removable outlets no problem. SC wont leave themselves open to someone wanting it fitted without lifting Mani and not be able to come true on there promise.
There isnt much really to damage under the inlet, biggest obstacle is going to be the Fuel hard lines.. and you cant damage them with a rubber pipe, getting on to turbo shroud would be tricky but just a little bit of fidgeting involved..

Dave to say its going to take 4-5hrs, well that plus buying an inlet hose of any kind is going to be up around 500 euro job again its done :ponder: have i missed something? :dontknow:...

so i think if it took someone a full day to fit the likes of the SC Hose themselves, well it means there saving around 300 euro arent they.. not bad for a days work :icon_grin:

Back