Electric pump noise!!

Jasper

Petrolheads
Hi lads, theres a strange noise coming from my B4, its sounds like an electric pump type of noise, a whinning, it sounds like its coming from underneath the car, on the drivers side, just in the middle?????? Any ideas, maybe its normal :dontknow:
Its not near the engine bay

is it located around the middle of the car? getting a service after xmas but dont want any problems before then :pray:

Its under your rear seat. Has it a walbro pump or aftermarket pump? They can be noisier than standard.
When you turn your ignition on just before you start the car you should hear it prime.

Ye, I can hear the priming noise when I turn on the ignition, but then when its started, its the same priming noise, but constant. I think its a standard fuel pump. Unless you had it upgraded :icon_grin:
Its your old B4. I was thinking about upgrading it when I get it serviced, that might be sooner rather than later!!!!!!

The danger of leaving it on the long finger is that if it sh!ts itself, you will end up stranded wherever the car sits. Has it been there since you bought it?

only noticed it recently, about 2 weeks, have the car about a month. dont mind being stranded :) so long as it doesnt do damage to the engine! goin to ring dave in sti tomorrow to try get it serviced before xmas!should i upgrade the fuel pump?

Would do no harm to upgrade if indeed it is a problem. Walbros are noisey buggers anyway and I would imagine Eli had one put in as I thin khe got that B4 mapped up through Dave. But either way, he'll be able to tell you for sure if you have it down with him anyway :thumbsup:

There was a Walbro pump put in it alright just before she was mapped. I never took it out so i imagine its still there!!!

Back