brake problem!!!

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
ive a 01 b4 legacy,the other day as i was braking i could hear a very rough grinding sound coming from my front drivers side brake,then i got this horrible burning smell.i got out to check and the caliper was smoking hot,the pads are only 3 months old,i got back in car and took for a spin and done a bit of heavy braking and it got rid of the grinding...that was 4 days ago and now today im getting the same issue...would my caliper be fucked of maby one of the pistons are ceased and a bit of copper grease would sort it out???bringin it to mechanic after dinner,he reackons one of the pistons is starting to cease!!im hoping its a quick fix and wont need another caliper...

i didnt get to mechanic yet untill next week.im nearly sure that the caliper is fucked,when im drivin its like someone is gently pressin the brake peddle at the same time.slowin the car a lot and the caliper is smoking away when i check it,would it be possible to free it out wit grease or sometin or should i just replace it???if so then where could i pick one up close to cavan?,i can get one in subaru salvage but thats over an hours drive and was hoping i could get someting a bit closer to home???

man its not flocked! its a ultra easy fix! prob cost you €20 to fix it! just need to get a new seal pack more than likely,

failing that a used caliper should be about the same price if you need to replace the piston in the other one

sound,i dont know the story on the caliper yet until mechanic gets it out but im gonna pick up another used one just in case...thanks for the info lads. :thumbsup:

Back