Grooved discs

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So they get noisier when the grooves wear down? Im not sure is the noise from hard braking the new bluestuff pads or discs took a beating around Mondello. There is no lip on them or build up of any kind. Got a bit of wobble in the steering under braking now, im not sure is that the brakes or worn lower wish bone bushings again. Ill be getting an anti lift kit next month so hopefully it dissappears with that. Dont fancy replacing these discs at over 400 quid they should be still ok!

Ive got grooved discs on the P1 and they never made a noise,did you use copper grease
when changing the pads???.as for the steering it likely a disc is warped,only way to tell is by a micrometer

yes i used copper grease, i might take them out and put some more copper grease on them, I have a feeling the steering vibration might be the bushings again. I wonder do any of our traders have a micrometer to check the discs as that would be easiest option. I might try re-bed the pads and see if that helps.

The extra heat generated during trackdays will degrade the copper grease so thats probably why you're getting a squeal again :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=32567.msg373139#msg373139 date=1323897527]
The extra heat generated during trackdays will degrade the copper grease so thats probably why you're getting a squeal again :thumbsup:
[/quote]

these are new pads in since the trackday though. only in about a month

have the same problem with my ebc grooved and drilled discs since fitted they have made a noise while braking
and also had the wobble in the steering on the track day
like they where warped or something (but they arent)
my grooved discs on my saxo dont do it
only on my Subaru

im thinking it could be my bushings gone again, they are pure sh*t on the legacys, im hoping it was all the heavy braking on the trackday that split them. Plan to upgrade them with an ALK in january so i might hold out until then and see does that solve the problem, if not ill have to try another set of discs. Im wondering if i could replace the 330mm 2 piece discs with a single piece 326mm disc as they are only a fraction of the cost.

i have a similar problem i have grooved and dimpled discs and i have rc5 pads and wen i brake from speed it sounds like wen a plane lands and brakes and there is a slite shudder

Back