How much heat wrap required for OEM headers/uppipe???

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
As above...

Anyone know how many feet of heat wrap is required to wrap em and whether 1" or 2" thick Dei wrap is better suited?

Cheers,

J...

id say bout two rolls jamie and use the 1" cause its easier to work in tight areas near bends and flanges just remember to wrap it like you would a hurl ,hockey stick, you need to over lap by at least half the width of the wrap and tie it after the first wrap and at the last wrap

No you dont dec, keep over lap to minimum, on bends over lap will be more, Dei wrap has a stitch running along it, overlap to that, thats what its there for.

well anything iv ever wrapped thats how i did it and never had a problem my own downpipe is wrapped four years and no issues mine is not dei though i got it from nick in couture , but every one to there own

Theres a pic of the DEI Jaime, you can see the stitch guide
dei-exhaustwrap-tan_0.jpg

Have the Wrap damp, not wet.....Tie at start and ends, every 3 inchs and closer on bends

Cheers lads... I was figuring s. 50'x 2" would be enough. Is there any point in buying the silicon spray that Dei do for spraying it after it's wrapped. Ive heard mixed opinions on this stuff in that it can cause it to turn hard and crack .

Waste of time..
And you know the nice Titanium colour wrap DEI do...... Well its ment to be no good as it open weave or something, not near as good as the Old schoold stuff... I wanted the Titanium stuff but ended up going for the Tan stuff as its a better insulator and after all thats what i want.

No, I don't know anywhere. Was just asking cause I was thinking of getting some :thumbsup:

Meant to ask Ciaran to do it when he was putting the Milltek exhaust on the car but completely forgot :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

How much is the roll 2x50 From the Jaime?

Maybe the difference would never be noticed between the Titanium wrap and tan stuff, i was just told that there was a big difference when looking at it with heat signature gun

Another crowd called lk performance are selling it for 65 sterling shipped to Ireland. If you know anywhere cheaper Ken will you let me know.

You might get by with a roll of 2" x 15' or a 1" x 50' with some left over... The latter probably being a better bet TBH Robbie.

Cheers :thumbsup: .. Gimme a shout when you are thinking of getting it, might get a roll at the same time and combine shipping if it saves a few quid :thumbsup:

Probably gonna order it up start of January once the expense of Crimbo is over. May even be able to get it cheaper through someone Ken pointed me in the direction of. I'll let you know.

More advice needed lads...

I started stripping my OEM headers last week and managed to start trimming off all the heat shield mounting lugs, and exterior casting marks last night.

I plan on stripping the rusty oxidized surface crap off before I wrap them but was wondering would it be worth spraying them in a heat resistant paint first... more for looks which I know is pointless considering they're been wrapped :cuckoo: ... but would it affect the heat wrap or should I just wrap them as bare... but cleaned... headers??? :ponder2:

Any advice welcome. :thumbsup:

You have too much free time on your hands.. can you loan me some?? Absolutly pointless and wont stay on it pissing time... but if you fancy doing it sure it wont do any harm

Back