rc5 pads

murf8969

Sunday Drivers
alri lads have a set of carbon lorraine rc5s pads wen there warm they stop gra8 but they slap around inside the caliper goin forward put the foot down and it sounds like ive sheered a bolt but as long as i dont go into reverse and brake it stops i took a look and theres like a good mil or 2 on each side of the pad is this normal and aswel wen i brake hard from speed the sound and vibration sounds like a plane wen it lands and brakes cheers :thumbsup:

Are they the rc5 plus or normal rc5's?

The size is normal, its to allow for expansion with heat under abnormal conditions such as trackdays, etc. It was the exact same with my rc6 pads, noisy fookers too, but savage under braking. Copper grease the back every month or 2 and you will avoid most of the squealing.

normal rc5,s such noisey fookers il prob change em cause i never done a track day and there just annoying me at this stage thanks for the help :thumbsup:

The rc5 plus are supposed to be much better for road noise, more designed for normal every day use.

Very hard to live with the squeal every day, savage performance though. How did you find them for dust on the wheels? Were they hard to clean?

ye i found them very dusty i have grooved discs and it fills the grooves in with dust and the front wheels get dirty very quick and i have to get alloy wheel cleaner to get the dust off absolutely caked on, i never get them hot enuf for them to work to there potential mite pic up some ferodo 2500,s how much would i be lookin at for a set of them?thanks :thumbsup:

Back