SWAP - MY01 UK ECU WITH ECUTEK LICENCE FOR STANDARD ECU

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Hi all,

Just putting the feelers out there to see if anyone is interested. I've an ECU with an Ecutek licence already paid for in my UK GC8 MY01 wagon (Version 6). It was originally mapped by Bob Rawle for a previous owner but I want to go back to standard with it. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few mappers with different options but thought i'd just put this out there and see if I get any interest.

I can send the ECU off to the UK and get it re-flashed but it involves the mapper having a MY99-00 GC8 in for work before they can put my ECU into it and flash it which means I could be without the the ECU for some time... and therefore without my car.

I'd like to swap it for a standard one along with the key chip and the sender unit under the dash coz if I've been informed correctly I'll need these or the OEM immobilzer won't work... and likewise you'd need mine to get yours to work.

No JDM ECU's will work so I'm appealing to anyone out there that has a UK/Irish Version 6 WRX that plans on getting an Ecutek remap but doesn't fancy paying for the licence.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Back