Satellite Broadband

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Anyone use it? How do you find it?

We can't get fixed line BB where we are so its a giant pain in the hole, using the usb stick BB since we moved in :icon_rolleyes:

Wouldn't have even considered it before but this crowd are offering installtion for €100: http://www.onwave.ie/

Would the satellite delay cause problems when gaming?

Seems very expensive Robbie.

10mb line is €124.95 a month!

Im getting 20mb from UPC (that includes TV) for €55 a month.

The onwave people also have an installation fee AND an activation fee.

The problem is I've no other option, and I'm sure there's plenty of wiggle room on the installation price if it depended on me taking it or not. I was only thinking about the 6mb for €40 but I do admit, even that is expensive.

Might just be best to move out in the new year instead :icon_lol:

when I enquired about that I was told by the sales agent that the main problem with satellite broadband is the download limit per month.

4gb download limit for the 6mb package. Wouldn't be a problem for me as I dont download much. But not sure what up/downloads are like if you start gaming :ponder2:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=32410.msg371429#msg371429 date=1322601787]
forget gaming the upload speed with any satellite broadband is terrible
[/quote]

Cheers dave, thats it out the window, not paying €40 a month just to look at a few websites :snooty:

[quote author=DaveSTi link=topic=32410.msg371438#msg371438 date=1322603825]
its the ping thats the problem with gaming
[/quote]

Ye we sometimes play on the work connection and the NAT type is strict meaning we can only get games with high pings over 150ms which means your about 2 seconds behind everyone else in the game!

Back