Front reg plate location

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Can you front reg plate be positioned anywhere on the front bumper or does it need to be in the center at a certain height?Just thinking of moving it to the right away from where it might block a FMIC airflow.

Could you get points or fine for moving it to a non standard position?

As above Dan, DOn't just stick it on though if you can get a damaged bumper from a braker that has a left fixed plate location. Cut it of and get it bonded to your bumper so it looks original. Full the holes ect where the plate currently is and it will lok the dogs. :thumbsup:

cheers lads, i can get a Grimspeed relocation kit that give yous a bracket to mount in the front tow bar hole, just need to check does mine have one there aswell

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-627/GrimmSpeed-License-Plate-Relocation/Detail

would like something like this;

CRW_8614.jpg

e15a6088.jpg

your car looks great as is :thumbsup:
dont throw the plate to the side it wil be ott
any photos of a car like yours with fmic ?
what about sticker plate above fmic
or on front of bonnet ?
only front plate that works for me on your car would be square jap plate :dontknow:

Slightly smaller than normal square jap plate moved to the front left of the bumper but not covering the fog obviously :thumbsup:

Moving it off centre won't be too bad if its slightly smaller than the normal jap square. Just make sure its not a tiny yoke that will get you pulled :thumbsup:

Would a long standard plate suit the car with a front mount. Would it block much air flow over the core?

would look similar to this(US version)

pix052.jpg

Use to have long reg plate, but could only secure it on with sticky pads, might try it again with long plate and see can i secure it better

IMG_20110813_150351.jpg

your plate is too low
just get a plate made to fit the bumper part so it doesent get in the way of the bottom half
unless you are cutting the bumper ?

shouldnt be a problem
even if you dont get a fmic
you should higher your reg
its taking away from the shape of the lower area of the bumper
also if you are leaving the bumper as is i wouldnt think you will see enough of a difference
from tmic
just get better induction from bonnet vent :ponder2:
keep your money for handling and braking for track :dontknow:

I personally think the long plate is the way to go considering the gap you have in the front bumper. It looks better the the off set plate.

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=32381.msg371237#msg371237 date=1322438130]
your plate is too low
just get a plate made to fit the bumper part so it doesent get in the way of the bottom half
unless you are cutting the bumper ?

shouldnt be a problem
even if you dont get a fmic
you should higher your reg
its taking away from the shape of the lower area of the bumper
also if you are leaving the bumper as is i wouldnt think you will see enough of a difference
from tmic
just get better induction from bonnet vent :ponder2:
keep your money for handling and braking for track :dontknow:

[/quote]

Current reg plate shape is like this(old pic!)

DSC_1830.jpg

Bumper will be trimmed a bit to make the FMIC fit.

This page here shows actual kit:

http://photos.imageevent.com/kadepunk/hybridinstallationguides/BL5 LIBERTY INSTALL.pdf

Maybe long Irish style plate will be best option, just sitting a few mm higher than the mount point so its not blocking FMIC.

Brakes are already sorted Colm, suspension parts on the way too. Just let me have my FMIC moment!

Maybe long Irish style plate will be best option, just sitting a few mm higher than the mount point so its not blocking FMIC.

agree with this
i think your car looks great in the shot with german plate
always loved that with your car
just move position
your car looks great as is :thumbsup:

long plate in the middle sitting slightly higher than pic and maybe 5/6 of reccommended size as to avoid fmic would be my tuppence worth .

I just had FMIC fitted and have same problem. What to do with plate?

surely for day to day driving the number plate doesn't make that much difference :dontknow:, take it off for the track days, no?

I would imagine a reg plate in front of the FMIC would deflect most of the air around the FMIC.

Back