Good man yourself

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Got my car washed, swirls removed and interior cleaned today by Eric, great job car is looking best it has in a long time! Didn't have a chance to take any pictures as it was dark outside when finished. Having the car so clean means you also see the bad scratches more easily! First time i let someone work on my car but well impressed

Thanks for the detail!

Seems a lot to do in one day. Machine Polishing a car to remove swirls takes a day or the guts of a day by itself, never mind the foam, wash, dry, detar, clay, interior cleaning stages and the actual prep time for the polishing itself. Are you sure swirl removal was included in the valet price?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=32367.msg371057#msg371057 date=1322261232]
Seems a lot to do in one day. Machine Polishing a car to remove swirls takes a day or the guts of a day by itself, never mind the foam, wash, dry, detar, clay, interior cleaning stages and the actual prep time for the polishing itself. Are you sure swirl removal was included in the valet price?
[/quote]

Yes it was, maybe just a special price for me cause im great! detar and clay was done by me about 10 days ago. I don't know how extensive the swirl removal was but it looks ten times better than it was and most of the heavy swirls removed. ill have a closer look in the morning

eric is doing detailing on his days off work lately!!!
has a premises up in finglas....something we didnt know is that eric is qualified at this stuff from before the army days!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I know what he's doing Mark and I wish him well with it :thumbsup:

The point I'm making is that you can't perform full swirl removal from start to finish in a day unless you have people working for you. Thats where I think Dan must be mistaken about the Swirl removal part. If he just got a full valet with a filler polish applied, then maybe thats where wires were crossed. Cause I don't think he even quotes swirl removal as part of his normal valet rates, does he?

With out going into adverting lads, I apply a corrective compounding polish with the polisher. It removes the majority of paint swirl as advertised by Mcguire's themselves. , I then use a high gloss polish and a wax to seal it all. Results are very good. So what Dan got for his money was:

Hand Wash, dry, Tar removal, Paint correction polish (swirl removal), Polish and Wax. Vacuum, Seats cleaned, Mats cleaned, Dash polish and tyre shine, windows polished inside and out.

All for €30 less then a Hand Wash, dry, Tar removal, Polish and Wax. Vacuum, Dash polish and tyre shine, windows polished inside and out anywhere else in Dublin from my research.

Once who every needs to read this reads it you can delete it.

Glad your happy with it Dan. Thats the main thing anyway. You won't get better light then the light the car was under when I finished.

Thanks.

Pics are not the best.

2011-11-25171740.jpg

2011-11-25171744.jpg

2011-11-25171639.jpg

2011-11-25171654.jpg

2011-11-25171705.jpg

2011-11-25171715.jpg

2011-11-25171723.jpg

Machine Polishing a car to remove swirls takes a day or the guts of a day by itself: Corrective polish and swirl removal as advertised by Mcguire's. Majority of Swirl is removed.

never mind the foam: don't use Foam. Never even said I did to Dan.

wash, dry, detar: Doesn't take that long.

clay: Dan did this himself but it is included in the price.

Interior cleaning stages: Vacuum, Clean seats, Polish Dash and all plastics, Polish windows inside and out, Clean mats. No more then it says.

Actual prep time for the polishing itself: Hand Wash, dry, Tar removal, Masking tape, Paint correction. That is the prep time.

Are you sure swirl removal was included in the valet price? : At €70 any swirl removal is a bonus but yes there was swirl removed. Total working time in around 4 hrs, would be longer if I had to clay the car.

I am not charging hundreds for my services in fact its no where near even 100 nor am I doing less then I said I would. I also go to the location of the car as long as theres a water tap and power source at an extra costing of 10 euro for the north side or 15 for the south side to cover fuel and tolls. So the owner doesn't need to worry about the car been away from him.

For €70 Dan got a clean car that was cleaned to a high standard and I'm glad he's happy with it.

I know where your coming from though Rob as I have seen your work in person and it is a step above mine but I do what I say I will, no more, no less, in a time scale that suits alot of people these days. I'm only starting back at this after 15 years away so like everyone I am learning but the stuff I knew then still works now and with the new products it is working even better :thumbsup:

Maybe it will take off and I'll be able to afford to become a trader on here which is a dream at the minute and by then my skills will have come right up to date but for now I am in the early stages and Dans car is the first I have done this detail job to. See what the future holds.

But I am not a trader so I'll say no more about it but if someone thanks me in the future I will accept it and say your welcome.

Need to get yourself a better camera Eric! I wasn't expecting a full paint correction detail to get rid of all the swirls and scratches and getting it totally back to showroom condition, from the likes of places you leave your car in for two days to get done. but car is looking best it ever has and the last few years of hard life its gotten with me is less noticeable. I need to get some paint work sorted in the near future after i damaged my bonnet when it blew back, paint corrosion and badly scratched drivers door and lots of crows feet on drivers side front quarter panel and scratches from teenagers sitting against my car on the other side so a lot to get sorted on it. I have lost the interest in keeping my own car as clean as i would like due to living in an apartment and not having anywhere to easily clean it poperly. You would be hard pressed to get better service for the money anywhere else. Forgot also most of the haze build up on the headlights was also removed . I'm a happy camper anyway. Cheers Eric

I just asked the question, as this is something I love to do and am extremely interested in. Not something I do professionally, but I have had professional training in the Uk so I am quite keen when topics like this come up. That's why I asked specifically about the machine, what pads you were using and what meg's compound you are using? And the time it took as I read dan's initial post to mean that you did a full correction on it. How long did you work the polish for and at what machine speeds?

At e70, you have a Target market and are right on the full valet money I think. But as you know yourself, there is a big difference between a full valet for e70 and a full correction detail for e200+ where you often have 3 machining stages as well as wetsanding and 20+ hours labour to get to the desired level. That's where I misunderstood what you were offering originally, but e70 is a good price for what you're offering :thumbsup:

Thanks man.

I wouldn't have the time to do full correction details at the minute as I only have the use of an area for a short time on Saturdays (and haven't even used it yet) Rob but I intend to get my training up to speed similar to you put God knows when that will happen. You are more then welcome to chat at the next night meet and I'll show you all the products I use including my new machine polisher.

I was well impressed with the work you did on Mick's S204 at the record attempt. Maybe you could give me a few pointers from one enthusiastic cleaner to another. I wouldn't dream of going at someones car with wet and dry as it's not something I was trained in. I even talked to Dan about this today when he asked about his lights as I knew to be brought back fully they needed to be wet sanded then buffed but I did what I could with them and the are a lot better for it. :thumbsup:

oh holy god thats unreal that you have to work for that sort of money eric. 70euro - vat - materials/expenses - rent on your shed - light/heat - tax and 4hrs labour on top of all that. no wonder so many people are getting the hell out of this sh1t hole of a country

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=32367.msg371101#msg371101 date=1322316482]

Seems like an absolute bargain compared to what I paid €50 for:
http://isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=31717.0

[/quote]

I think you were expecting a lot looking to get the inside of your wheels cleaned! Give Eric a shout if you need it done again, im sure he will look after you

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=32367.msg371103#msg371103 date=1322326889]
[quote author=Anto J link=topic=32367.msg371101#msg371101 date=1322316482]

Seems like an absolute bargain compared to what I paid €50 for:
http://isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=31717.0

[/quote]

I think you were expecting a lot looking to get the inside of your wheels cleaned! Give Eric a shout if you need it done again, im sure he will look after you
[/quote]
well, it wasn't so much that I expected that, Dan, it's just that they looked brutal when the outside of them was done..!

Back