NCT lights adjustment how?

geogan

Petrolheads
One of my dip beams is apparently too high. Is it possible for me to adjust this myself somehow? A mechanic friend told me the way to do it is park close to wall and adjust failed one until it is at same level as passed one, but I don't know if it is possible to adjust STI lights.. anyone have instructions?

[quote author=geogan link=topic=32288.msg370196#msg370196 date=1321636430]
One of my dip beams is apparently too high. Is it possible for me to adjust this myself somehow? A mechanic friend told me the way to do it is park close to wall and adjust failed one until it is at same level as passed one, but I don't know if it is possible to adjust STI lights.. anyone have instructions?
[/quote]

The height adjuster is at the back of the lamp, open the bonnet and have a look. if it a classis all you will need is a philips screwdriver or a 8mm socket and then adjust it to match the other side

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=32288.msg370198#msg370198 date=1321636668]
[quote author=geogan link=topic=32288.msg370196#msg370196 date=1321636430]
[/quote]

The height adjuster is at the back of the lamp, open the bonnet and have a look. if it a classis all you will need is a philips screwdriver or a 8mm socket and then adjust it to match the other side
[/quote]

I haven't adjusted them yet but I now see the little white adjustment hex screw at back of light motors. I bought a rachet spanner set to do the job. A rachet/adapter/socket setup ends up too wide to fit in between battery without removing it but a spanner fits without having to remove battery or air intake system.

Below video shows how to adjust lights (but he removes battery/intake):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz94dwm3eTA

Back