Need a better price or another option

Aaron

Petrolheads
As some of you know my getting P0030 - 02 Sensor Bank1 Sensor1 - which is the one in the manifold.

Subaru want €396+ VAT
OEM: 22641-AA042

i cant afford that, so i need another option.
A family member is trying to get a price in Poland, but no luck as of yet.

also is safe to keep driving back and forward to work 3km each way.

i dont know, and what if that gives up a few months down the road... Con thinks i shouldnt.

Would it be safe to drive away until you can afford it? Car has a fresh nct yeah? So 12 months to save up for it :grin:

Do they have an expected lifespan? If you can go second hand and get it cheap, why not stick it on for piece of mind.

aaron import car parts or as said put a second hand one into it but be careful as you will get no comeback on electrical products so keep it in mind

Thanks for all the help.

Denis - NCT done 2 months ago, so don't need to worry about that. I could be wrong but doesn't this sensor in the manifold adjust the fuel ratio too? so i be just burning a little bit more maybe, be fine around town i say.

Im gonna wait til i talk to ilona's brother in Poland tomorrow. He is going to contact Subaru over there. If its not any cheaper then i'll order online.
Looks easy to change the sensor too, so will do it myself and if not Con will do it for very little.

Another case of RIP OFF Ireland.
Just like my shocks a few months ago €496 for each rear shock off Subaru Ireland, got the same shocks in UK €200 for the set delivered.

as ya said aaron another case of rip off ireland the biggest part of the price of parts here is the tax is it any wonder most people tend to buy in the uk

22641AA042 $239.95 $0.00 $181.40
Emission system - Emission components - Sensor - Air/fuel ratio
Air/fuel ratio - 2.0 liter 2004-05 2004 - 2005

Helps when you know where to look.. Thanks!

Did you get that price off c& r and if so did you avail of th isdc 10% discount :thumbsup:

Alternatively did you try a subaru dealer up north, might well be worth taking a spin up :thumbsup:

[quote author=ScoobyMick link=topic=32287.msg370212#msg370212 date=1321639277]
Did you get that price off c& r and if so did you avail of th isdc 10% discount :thumbsup:

Alternatively did you try a subaru dealer up north, might well be worth taking a spin up :thumbsup:
[/quote]

No never thought of C & R will give them a ring. Yes i did try up north waiting on a price.

You will have the one from Importcarparts 2 days after you pay, great services and prices, Prices here are just a joke, and now a potential Vat rate increase on the cards... absolute joke.
Ive bought nothing for my build in Ireland apart from a few Gaskets.. everything else been from the States or Uk..
Terrible to say that you can buy the item in the States, pay to ship it and pay duty to customs and parts are still alot cheaper... thats a good indication of the mark up thats on thses parts and the greed involved.

@ ken

Agree completely with you, I was getting new tyres recently and tried just about everywhere over here ended up getting them in UK for 150 cheaper than cheapest quote here and had them delivered to my job the following day.

If it was a case of just a small few quid then i would buy here, but its not its stupid amounts of money.
Few years back i was looking for an Air sensor for a diesel vectra, Opel here wanted something like 200 quid, and it would take few days, got a place in UK that supplied me with an OE Bosch part, I got 2 of the air sensors for something like 35 quid each, NEW. Think it came to 90 odd sterling for the 2 sensors shipped and on my door in 2 working days.. as opposed to 200 for 1 here.

Back